or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › Smoked Venison Backstrap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked Venison Backstrap

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

post #2 of 14
Nice looking backstraps. Liked the video.

I usually do my backstraps unwrapped with just a light coating of SPOG. Smoke at 180* and pull at a IT of 136*.

Gosh.. now I'm hungry. drool.gif
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 

When I got them I thought, "whoa, they're really lean."  Which is not a bad thing but I didn't want to over cook them.  I can see them grilled quickly over my hibachi, too.  I still have a couple more - nice gift from a friend.  I will enjoy preparing and dinning on them.

post #4 of 14

Nice video and good lookin' meat! I have not hunted or had Venison in years. I am moving back to PA to an area where there is more Deer Camps than residental homes. Going to be reviewing this video again in the near future...JJ

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post

Nice video and good lookin' meat! I have not hunted or had Venison in years. I am moving back to PA to an area where there is more Deer Camps than residental homes. Going to be reviewing this video again in the near future...JJ

JJ, if you were closer, I'd give ya some. I smoke VTL frequently. It's soooo good. I'm reluctant to try different methods 'cause id cry if it came out bad. th_crybaby2.gif
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post


JJ, if you were closer, I'd give ya some. I smoke VTL frequently. It's soooo good. I'm reluctant to try different methods 'cause id cry if it came out bad. th_crybaby2.gif

Thank you...JJ

post #7 of 14

Great video!

 

The backstrap looks delicious!

 

Al

post #8 of 14

E, looks like you got a winner there !

post #9 of 14

Great video! I love venison and you have done it well. Points.

 

Disco

post #10 of 14
Where are you headed JJ?
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post

Nice looking backstraps. Liked the video.

I usually do my backstraps unwrapped with just a light coating of SPOG. Smoke at 180* and pull at a IT of 136*.

Gosh.. now I'm hungry. drool.gif


What is SPOG?

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duncan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post

Nice looking backstraps. Liked the video.


I usually do my backstraps unwrapped with just a light coating of SPOG. Smoke at 180* and pull at a IT of 136*.


Gosh.. now I'm hungry. drool.gif


What is SPOG?

SPOG = Salt, Pepper, Onion (powder) and Garlic (powder)
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddiction View Post

Where are you headed JJ?


JJ's new digs.. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/252039/been-in-a-wifi-black-hole-pics-added
post #14 of 14
Love the ice cream man in the background. Lmao is all fun and games till it goes "Hello!" in that annoying voice. I just put a handfull of backstrap on the smoker to add to a stir fry tonight. Looks great
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Wild Game
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › Smoked Venison Backstrap