Not a problem for me using butter.
This is a dedicated to Gary Simmons, aka. Scarbelly
RIP Gary, you will never be forgotten
- First I started of by getting my nuts sweaty.
- I am starting off with cashews.
- After the nuts are tossed around and start sweating, I add the rub, this is Chipotle Powder and a few pinches of coarse salt, sea salt is preferred.
- Next up is the Peanuts, same method as above.
- Side by side ready to be cold smoked, these would be ok hot smoked as well but I preferred the cold smoke. These will be smoked using maple in the AMNPS
- This is after they have been cold smoked several hours.
- The second batch of nuts were done the same way as above but using my Pork Rub.
- 1/3 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1-1/2 cup (packed) Brown Sugar
- 1-1/4 cup paprika
- 1 Tbsp freshly coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- ¼ cup onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- The nuts are vacuum sealed with some air in the bag.
Samples were given to my neighbor for testing and he preferred the Sweet (Rub)
I want them to sit a few weeks before I test them out.
Finally got to test these out. Awesome!