or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › Hello from PA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello from PA

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hello,
I'm from a small town in Pa and I am brand new to smoking. Just ordered a Dyna-glo vertical smoker should arrive early next week and I can't wait
Kevin
post #2 of 16

Welcome to the group Kevin!  Can't wait for your smokes!

 

Mike

post #3 of 16

Welcome to SMF, Kevin!

post #4 of 16
Hello fromy PA.. newbie smoker here. Just got a masterbuilt electric smoker and have a brisket in there as we speak. 6lb brisket set for 10 hrs. Been set at 225. Added chips the past 3 hrs. Any other recommendations will be helpful? Should I pull it out at 5 am and wrap it in foil?
post #5 of 16

Welcome...Small town in PA? Smaller than Emporium PA, population 2000? I will be moving Emporium the end of this month...JJ

post #6 of 16

:welcome1:

 

Congrats on thew new smoker!

 

Glad to have you aboard!

 

Al

post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khigh402 View Post

Hello,
I'm from a small town in Pa and I am brand new to smoking. Just ordered a Dyna-glo vertical smoker should arrive early next week and I can't wait
Kevin

Welcome Kevin!! :welcome1:

 

Glad you joined us!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiesmoker259 View Post

Hello fromy PA.. newbie smoker here. Just got a masterbuilt electric smoker and have a brisket in there as we speak. 6lb brisket set for 10 hrs. Been set at 225. Added chips the past 3 hrs. Any other recommendations will be helpful? Should I pull it out at 5 am and wrap it in foil?

Welcome 259 !! :welcome1:

My first recommendation would be, "Don't smoke a Brisket by time---Get a wireless Digital Therm, and go by Internal Temp".

 

Here's a lot of Step by Steps, including a Small Brisket Flat:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

 

Bear

post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
I live in sinking spring which is outside reading. Not quite as small as where your moving but very close. From what I can see you will be a little over 3 hours and 45 minutes north west of me.
post #9 of 16

Welcome...Small town in PA? Smaller than Emporium PA, population 2000? I will be moving Emporium the end of this month...JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khigh402 View Post

I live in sinking spring which is outside reading. Not quite as small as where your moving but very close. From what I can see you will be a little over 3 hours and 45 minutes north west of me.

 

 When I first moved to PA, I lived and worked in Lancaster County. We went up to the Reading/Sinking Spring area on occasion. Nice area!. Emporium is MUCH more rural. Small town, surrounded by mountains reminiscent of 1950's America. Couple of Gas Stations, a Moose Lodge, a Shurfine Grocery, 5 Gun Shops and 8 various denomination Churches. Nearest Fast Food, Walmart and such is 20 miles south in St Mary's...JJ

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post

Welcome...Small town in PA? Smaller than Emporium PA, population 2000? I will be moving Emporium the end of this month...JJ

 When I first moved to PA, I lived and worked in Lancaster County. We went up to the Reading/Sinking Spring area on occasion. Nice area!. Emporium is MUCH more rural. Small town, surrounded by mountains reminiscent of 1950's America. Couple of Gas Stations, a Moose Lodge, a Shurfine Grocery, 5 Gun Shops and 8 various denomination Churches. Nearest Fast Food, Walmart and such is 20 miles south in St Mary's...JJ

Sounds like ur getting back to real life. I don't mind berks county but sometimes I feel everyone is alwsys rushing around. Doesn't seem like your going to have that issue where your going
post #11 of 16
Welcome, my daughter taught in ss elementary during college (kutztown) and would go back there in a heartbeat. Nice area with real nice people, she said.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
I actually graduated from Kutztown University with my degree to teach secondary social studies.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khigh402 View Post

I actually graduated from Kutztown University with my degree to teach secondary social studies.


Do any Cow Tipping while you were there??PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

 

Bear

post #14 of 16
What year?
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Haha I didn't tip any cows no, and I was in kutztown from 2004-2008
post #16 of 16

texas.gif  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

 

 

Gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Roll Call
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › Hello from PA