or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Spinning a Tri tip
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spinning a Tri tip - Page 2

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

b-one That is a fine looking plate of food,I still can't find Tri-Tips around here closest thing is the Pichanna. ? why so much coal for that cook? Points
Richie

points.gif

Thanks Richie,I'm going to start looking into other tasty options for the rotisserie! I piled the coals up to get it hot and fast wanted a nice sear.

b I have 4 breast I hope I can keep on the prongs. 10 drums to do with the Vortex Have a safe holiday

Richie

post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

b-one That is a fine looking plate of food,I still can't find Tri-Tips around here closest thing is the Pichanna. ? why so much coal for that cook? Points
Richie

points.gif


Thanks Richie,I'm going to start looking into other tasty options for the rotisserie! I piled the coals up to get it hot and fast wanted a nice sear.
b I have 4 breast I hope I can keep on the prongs. 10 drums to do with the Vortex Have a safe holiday
Richie

Sounds tasty good luck! I still have ten fingers so safe so far,hopefully yours is as well!
post #23 of 29
Thread Starter 
Made a quick sammie for lunch maybe I can find time to make it a grilled cheese next time.
post #24 of 29
Not sure how I missed this thread! Great looking dizzy Tri!

As for the Thermapen, but a Lavatool and spend the savings on more Tri tip!

I own two of the Lavatool therms and gave one to my father in law and brother n law. All work flawlessly and are spot on accurate.
post #25 of 29

Sorry I'm Late!!

Excellent Spun Tri Tip !!!:drool----------:points:

 

Mighty Tasty!!:drool

 

Sammy Looks Awesome too!!:drool

 

Bear

post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Not sure how I missed this thread! Great looking dizzy Tri!

As for the Thermapen, but a Lavatool and spend the savings on more Tri tip!

I own two of the Lavatool therms and gave one to my father in law and brother n law. All work flawlessly and are spot on accurate.

Thanks for the tip! I also seen a maverick to use on the rotisserie. They need to get the Meater out to the masses but it might not take that kind of heat.
post #27 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Sorry I'm Late!!
Excellent Spun Tri Tip !!!drool.gif
points.gif

Mighty Tasty!!drool.gif

Sammy Looks Awesome too!!drool.gif

Bear

Thanks Bear,I'm getting addicted to the rotisserie! I was thinking of putting the brisket I smoked Monday on there but after a little research it seemed like a poor plan.biggrin.gif
post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Not sure how I missed this thread! Great looking dizzy Tri!

As for the Thermapen, but a Lavatool and spend the savings on more Tri tip!

I own two of the Lavatool therms and gave one to my father in law and brother n law. All work flawlessly and are spot on accurate.

Holy cow those are priced great! I'll have to get the wife to order me one!icon14.gif
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Holy cow those are priced great! I'll have to get the wife to order me one!icon14.gif

Yes they are. And as mentioned mine has worked flawlessly since day one. They have a more expensive model now too, but the $25 one has been perfect so no need for me to upgrade!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Spinning a Tri tip