or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › CREOLE BUTTER INJECTED RIBS ON THE LANG!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CREOLE BUTTER INJECTED RIBS ON THE LANG! - Page 3

post #41 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
 

Nice Ribs Al !!!! I`m with you those Walmart ribs are not worth a crap....I to am mostly a Baby Back rib smoker...

 

 

Thanks Roller!

 

Yea I love my baby backs!

 

Al

post #42 of 51
Any one ever smoke Texas back pork ribs? They are so meaty that they could benefit from injection. My sister owns a restaurant and gets these huge slabs of pork back and beef back ribs. These I got for $1.67 a pound 9 racks weighed 65 lbs the pan they are in is 28" long. I am still trying to get the hang of how to get them perfect. Any suggestions.
post #43 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMSR View Post

Any one ever smoke Texas back pork ribs? They are so meaty that they could benefit from injection. My sister owns a restaurant and gets these huge slabs of pork back and beef back ribs. These I got for $1.67 a pound 9 racks weighed 65 lbs the pan they are in is 28" long. I am still trying to get the hang of how to get them perfect. Any suggestions.

 

 

They are so thick, your just going to have to cook them longer.

I would smoke them to an IT of 195. They will be tender & juicy, but not quite FOTB.

If you want FOTB take them to 200 IT.

Here's a thread that explains the IT method for smoking ribs.

And yes they would benefit from injecting!

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/240916/perfect-ribs-every-time-this-really-works

 

Al

post #44 of 51
Missed these the first time around. Looks great Al! Nice smoke!
post #45 of 51
Membrane on or off when injecting?

Randy,
post #46 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Missed these the first time around. Looks great Al! Nice smoke!

 

 

Thanks DS!

 

Al

post #47 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMSR View Post

Membrane on or off when injecting?

Randy,

 

I always leave the membrane on, whether I inject or not.

 

I think it holds the juices in.

 

Al

post #48 of 51

I injected my ribs this past weekend and I will be doing that from now on. I thought it added that little bit of extra.

post #49 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by THeelBallew View Post
 

I injected my ribs this past weekend and I will be doing that from now on. I thought it added that little bit of extra.

 

I agree with you & I think as more folks try this it will become the norm for ribs!

 

Al

post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

I agree with you & I think as more folks try this it will become the norm for ribs!

Al
I think you're right, Al! I tried it with some SL ribs a couple of weeks ago and I'm sold. I picked up some Beef back ribs to try tomorrow and some of them may get an injection treatment...
Dan
post #51 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post


I think you're right, Al! I tried it with some SL ribs a couple of weeks ago and I'm sold. I picked up some Beef back ribs to try tomorrow and some of them may get an injection treatment...
Dan

 

Good luck Dan!

 

Let me know how they turn out!

 

Al

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › CREOLE BUTTER INJECTED RIBS ON THE LANG!