or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shrimp on the kettle!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I grilled some shrimps on the kettle tonight.  They were tasty!

 

Mike

post #2 of 11
They look tasty. Nice job
post #3 of 11
Grilled shrimp are tasty! Nice smoke!
post #4 of 11

They look great! We Grill Shrimp frequently. I came up with the recipe below about 25 years ago and it is really good for grilled Shrimp. I marinade and skewer the shrimp for easy management...JJ

 

Shrimp Fajita Marinade

 

1/4C Red Wine Vinegar or Fresh Lime Juice

1/4C Olive Oil

2T Soy Sauce

2T Brown Sugar

1T Chili Powder

1tsp Oregano, Mexican preferred.

1/2tsp Kosher Salt

1/2tsp Black Pepper

3-4 Cloves Garlic, Minced.

 

Combine all and whisk well. Set aside.

Clean Shrimp and add to marinade.

Marinate 30 minutes and drain Shrimp.

Thread on soaked bamboo skewers.

Smoke or Grill as desired till just cooked through.

Makes about 3/4 Cup, enough for 1-2 pounds of Shrimp.

 

Note: Great on Chicken and Beef also. Marinate 8 to 12 hours.

post #5 of 11

We grill Shrimp in the summer,yours look great Mike

Richie

post #6 of 11

Nice job on the shrimp, Mike!

 

They look tasty for sure!

 

Al

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

They look tasty. Nice job

Thanks Adam!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Grilled shrimp are tasty! Nice smoke!

Thanks Case! Easy and tasty!

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

They look great! We Grill Shrimp frequently. I came up with the recipe below about 25 years ago and it is really good for grilled Shrimp. I marinade and skewer the shrimp for easy management...JJ

 

Shrimp Fajita Marinade

 

1/4C Red Wine Vinegar or Fresh Lime Juice

1/4C Olive Oil

2T Soy Sauce

2T Brown Sugar

1T Chili Powder

1tsp Oregano, Mexican preferred.

1/2tsp Kosher Salt

1/2tsp Black Pepper

3-4 Cloves Garlic, Minced.

 

Combine all and whisk well. Set aside.

Clean Shrimp and add to marinade.

Marinate 30 minutes and drain Shrimp.

Thread on soaked bamboo skewers.

Smoke or Grill as desired till just cooked through.

Makes about 3/4 Cup, enough for 1-2 pounds of Shrimp.

 

Note: Great on Chicken and Beef also. Marinate 8 to 12 hours.

Thanks JJ!  I saw that recipe posted before and wanted to try it.  Thanks for sharing it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

We grill Shrimp in the summer,yours look great Mike

Richie

Thanks Richie, I appreciate it.

 

Mike

post #9 of 11

Tasty looking morsels, Mike.

 

Disco

post #10 of 11
Nice looking shrimp! But where's there bacon coats?biggrin.gif
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Tasty looking morsels, Mike.

 

Disco

Thanks Disco!  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Nice looking shrimp! But where's there bacon coats?biggrin.gif

Thanks b-one!  I've never cooked bacon wrapped shrimp.  I will have to try it....Hmmmm, I'm thinking about shrimp ABTs now!  Shrimp in a jalapeno with some pepper jack wrapped in bacon!  

 

:drool

 

Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Non-fish Seafood