Originally Posted by bauchjw
Happy Birthday! I'm with Mike, it's hard to get a lot of "Toys" for 50. However, there are a few cool things for under 50 and you can get a lot of practical things:
- I think the "Vortex" is under 50 and that gets great reviews here. You can diversify how you use your WSM.~$30
- Discada, BBQ Disc Blade Wok, 24"- lots of good reviews about these. ~$30
- cast iron griddle or Dutch oven (look up the Dutch oven forum on this sight for ideas)
- Jeff's Smoking Meats book is a good book to have. ~$20
- You could also ask for a decent cut of Meat?
- look at Cajun Bandit site there may be a few accessories for your WSM under 50.
- A flat of mason jars to pre make your rubs and bbq sauce
- check out an online spice store and get some interesting/exotic spices you wouldn't normally try
- an injector for meats- I bought a animal syringe at a farm store for less than $15 with needles or there are actual smoker ones, I think Traeger makes one for under $20.
- bear claws for pulling pork
- a new tong/spatula set
- a decent knife
- big/unique cutting board
- big/cool serving tray to display your work (I use ones I got at a pottery place called "the circle" that are heavy clay/kiln fired. They are the rejects from expensive orders due to miner defects so they are very cheap, but expensive looking and look bad a$$ covered in ribs/chicken wings/pulled pork/etc
Have fun! Tell us what you got!