or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › My first Batch of Kielbasa Sausage.....woo-hoo!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first Batch of Kielbasa Sausage.....woo-hoo! - Page 2

post #21 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

Great looking sausage Josie .  Point!

Brian 


thanks Brian.

post #22 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
 

Good looking kielbasa!!!

 

Have you thought about making a small fire basket for the offset?  That would let you run a small compact block of lit coals for lower heat output.  You may have to either use chunks of smoke wood instead of full sticks due to the size, or get to the red coal stage outside the firebox and then load the box/basket with pre-lit.  Just a thought - smaller fire = less heat.


YUP did all of that on my second batch which turned out so much better than the first.  Sorry didn't take any pics of the second batch ;o*(  After the first batch I realized I needed some smaller pieces of wood instead of the full size sticks I normally use.  I was super happy with the second batch!  thanks for all of YOUR thoughts dward51....much appreciated.  I learn new things everyday about smoking. 

Be Blessed and Keep on Cooking and Smoking!,

 

Josie

post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
 

Josie, those sausages sure look good to me. :drool I need to make another batch of kielbasa!


thanks Johnnie Walker they were really tasty.  go for it and make yourself a batch!

 

Josie

post #24 of 39
Another thing added to the ever increasing list of things to make...Thanks for sharing the recipe....
post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkjunkie View Post

Another thing added to the ever increasing list of things to make...Thanks for sharing the recipe....


you are most welcome inkjunkie

 

Be Blessed and Keep on Cooking and Smoking!

 

Josie

post #26 of 39
Great post and tasty looking sausage, Josie! I'm trying to get sausage smoking temps out of my offset as well, but I have the MB gasser box with a mailbox to get by with for now.
So far I've only made Kielbasa with pork and have been wanting to try beef with it, but the Mrs made me promise not to mess with my recipe (sigh). Maybe when she's not looking...devil.gif

Points from me!
Dan

(No Marjoram?)
post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post

Great post and tasty looking sausage, Josie! I'm trying to get sausage smoking temps out of my offset as well, but I have the MB gasser box with a mailbox to get by with for now.
So far I've only made Kielbasa with pork and have been wanting to try beef with it, but the Mrs made me promise not to mess with my recipe (sigh). Maybe when she's not looking...devil.gif

Points from me!
Dan

(No Marjoram?)
 

Dan,

there's only 1 lb. of beef in that recipe she won't even notice and it won't mess up your fabulous recipe no worries.  No marjoram........

post #28 of 39

thanks for sharing......

Pete (the subman)

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by torp3t3d0 View Post
 

thanks for sharing......

Pete (the subman)

you are most welcome Pete.

 

Josie

post #30 of 39

Looks terrific and thanks for the recipe.

 

Points for you!

 

Disco

post #31 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Looks terrific and thanks for the recipe.

 

Points for you!

 

Disco


you are most welcome my foodie friend.  thanks for the points!

 

Josie

post #32 of 39


Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.  I think that I'm going to try this one out!

post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelmaster View Post
 


Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.  I think that I'm going to try this one out!


you're welcome Peelmaster.....Enjoy!

 

Josie

post #34 of 39

Josie:

           Sausage looks wonderful! Enjoy!

                                                                        Mike

post #35 of 39

Sorry I'm so late   Nice Job Josie, Looks great  I sure need to make another batch  points1.png

 

Gary

post #36 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Sorry I'm so late   Nice Job Josie, Looks great  I sure need to make another batch  points1.png

 

Gary


thanks Gary and thanks for the RF info great information.  thanks for sharing my smoking friend!

Josie


Edited by SmokinVegasBaby - 7/13/16 at 5:56pm
post #37 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcc View Post
 

Josie:

           Sausage looks wonderful! Enjoy!

                                                                        Mike


thanks Mike (artcc)

post #38 of 39
Looks great gonna have to give this a try. What would did you smoke it with and for how long?

points.gif
post #39 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverhunter View Post

Looks great gonna have to give this a try. What would did you smoke it with and for how long?

points.gif


Thanks for the points.  I smoked my kielbasa with cherry and pecan wood.  I smoked it until it reached the internal temp of 150.  This is a really tasty sausage.....Enjoy!

 

Josie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › My first Batch of Kielbasa Sausage.....woo-hoo!