or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Grilling Chicken › sfprankster's (mis)adventures with Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

sfprankster's (mis)adventures with Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Been giving my VacMaster a  few new jobs around the sfprankster household...

 

Last night, while taking a break from unboxing my DigiQ, I vac sealed some chunked up, boneless, skinless chicken thighs into a teriyaki marinade... :drool

 

The plan, to toss the chicken onto skewers and grill them in my rusty 'n dusty kettle... :grilling_smilie:

 

  

 

 

 

The patented sfprankster "early neighborhood warning device" has been ignited and is a go...

 

 

 

 

Pre-meal appetizers are being prepped and sampled... :tongue:

 

  

 

 

 

All in preparation for tonight's big overnight test of the DigiQ... :biggrin:

post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

...and onto the rusty 'n dusty kettle... :grilling_smilie:

 

 

 

 

Nice char and caramelization...

 

Sprinkle of black sesame seeds for garnish...

 

 

 

 

...and onto a plate with a fresh garden salad...

 

...with a bowl of homemade pork dumplings on the side... :drool

 

 

 

 

Eating good, in preparation for the initial BBQ Guru DigiQ test run... :yahoo:

post #3 of 11

That's a great looking meal!! Care to share the dumpling recipe?

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 

I was outside hooking up the DigiQ and grilling the chicken when my gf was making the dumplings...

 

I know the basics of the dumplings:

 

ground and chopped pork butt-approximately 1lb

dried shiitake mushrooms-rehydrated in water

water used to rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms-careful of the sediment, only pour off the top

finely chopped napa cabbage

fresh chopped green onions

fresh grated ginger

fresh grated garlic

low sodium soy sauce

dark sesame oil

fresh cracked black pepper

commercially available wonton wrappers

 

Cooked in a homemade, smoked pork bone broth

 

shrimp, both dried(rehydrated) or fresh, is another ingredient you can add into the mix

 

 

When my gf gets home, I'll ask her for the ingredients...

 

 

EDIT: added napa cabbage to the ingredient list


Edited by sfprankster - 6/3/16 at 1:52pm
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post
 

That's a great looking meal!! Care to share the dumpling recipe?

 

I was talking to my gf on the way home last night and I pretty much nailed the ingredient list to the dumplings...

 

As to amounts of each, she said she just added what looked correct. She wrapped a few(2-4) in wonton wrappers, cooked them in the bone broth, and taste tested. After 2 mini batches, she wrapped them all and placed into the fridge on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for an hour. 

 

She's been making these with her Mom since she was small and neither of them ever measured the amounts...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

 

ground and chopped pork butt-approximately 1lb

dried shiitake mushrooms-rehydrated in water

water used to rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms-careful of the sediment, only pour off the top

finely chopped napa cabbage

fresh chopped green onions

fresh grated ginger

fresh grated garlic

low sodium soy sauce

dark sesame oil

fresh cracked black pepper

commercially available wonton wrappers

 

Cooked in a homemade, smoked pork bone broth-smoked pork bones, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, onion, carrots, celery, water, sesame oil, black pepper simmered over low heat for a minimum of 1 hour. Strained. 

 

 

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post

I was talking to my gf on the way home last night and I pretty much nailed the ingredient list to the dumplings...

As to amounts of each, she said she just added what looked correct. She wrapped a few(2-4) in wonton wrappers, cooked them in the bone broth, and taste tested. After 2 mini batches, she wrapped them all and placed into the fridge on a parchment paper lined sheet pan for an hour. 

She's been making these with her Mom since she was small and neither of them ever measured the amounts...

Thanks so much! I will definitely have to try this one out!
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post


Thanks so much! I will definitely have to try this one out!

 

Careful, they are addicting!!!

post #8 of 11

Marvelous meal, Mate!

 

Disco

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Marvelous meal, Mate!

 

Disco

 

Thanx!!!

 

We're having fun making them!!!

post #10 of 11

2thumbs.gif Everything looks great!

Teriyaki chicken is one of my favorites.

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP61 View Post
 

2thumbs.gif Everything looks great!

Teriyaki chicken is one of my favorites.

 

Thanx!!!

 

One of mine as well!!!

 

So quick 'n easy on the kettle... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Chicken
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Grilling Chicken › sfprankster's (mis)adventures with Teriyaki Chicken Skewers