or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Best commercial brats?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best commercial brats?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Been doing the johnsonville brats because it's all that's around. Just nota ton of flavor. If I were going to order brats and have them shipped what's a killer place to check out. I've done summer sausage at home but not brats. Don't have the stuffer and I have a big family!
post #2 of 17

You done SS you can do brats.

 

Northern tool has a stuffer for 100 bucks.    I use mine a lot.

 

Your brats will be better then anything you could buy.

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
I was afraid someone might say that. Well point me to a good recipe then. 😄
post #4 of 17
I don't want to make any more tasty then jville' I would eat to many! The very reason I don't make my own bacon,I can go to the store and not buy if it's home it's trouble!biggrin.gif
Once your making them the possibilities are endless try a search for cheesesteak brats pretty sure someone made them,just can't remember who and not smart enough to link stuff. Mmmm cheesesteak brats!drool.gif
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

I don't want to make any more tasty then jville' I would eat to many! The very reason I don't make my own bacon,I can go to the store and not buy if it's home it's trouble!biggrin.gif
Once your making them the possibilities are endless try a search for cheesesteak brats pretty sure someone made them,just can't remember who and not smart enough to link stuff. Mmmm cheesesteak brat .

 

 

 

I have made them...      

post #6 of 17

You can make them into patties & put them on burger buns. No stuffing involved.

 

Al

post #7 of 17

Before I got my stuffer, I rolled sausage in soaked Corn Husks like for making Tamales. Smoked or roasted, they are easy and taste great...JJ

post #8 of 17

If you are interested in making your own, Curley's has a pretty solid brat seasoning/kit you can buy.  I like the flavor, but I also like Johnsonville Brats a lot too, so I just stick with them.  Also Len Poli has a bunch of recipes on his website, including differnt type of brats/german sausages.  I have never made anything off his recipes, but see them mentioned on here from time to time.

post #9 of 17

Lots of kits out there as well

post #10 of 17

I don't know if they ship, but Morants, located in Sacramento, CA has been making some of my favorite sausages.

 

 

Link:

 

Morants

 

or phone:

 

916-731-4377

 

 

 

 

 

Why do I foresee more sausage making equipment being handled by FedEx, UPS or USPS soon? :icon_eek: 

post #11 of 17

You don't need to pay for kits! Take a look below...Some of the Best Sausage makers I know hang out on SMF...JJ

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=brats

post #12 of 17

there is a johnsonville clone recipe online

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post
 

You can make them into patties & put them on burger buns. No stuffing involved.

 

Al

I agree with Al ,just grind yourself or buy pre-ground meat. Sausage in bulk makes great patties for the grill. There are plenty of great recipes out there or you can buy pre-mixed spices.

post #14 of 17

Below are some bratwurst seasoning you may not have heard of.....  Walton's has good products....

 

 

https://www.waltonsinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bratwurst+seasoning

post #15 of 17

For pre-mixed seasoning look at PS Seasoning. They have a lot of different ones including WI style mixes. If you want a recipe, send me a pm.

post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post
 

Below are some bratwurst seasoning you may not have heard of.....  Walton's has good products....

 

 

https://www.waltonsinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bratwurst+seasoning


Waltons is the BOMB.....my favorite place now for most all sausage goodies....their casings are perfect IMO. I normally don't buy seasoning mixes but their Mandarin teriyaki snack stick is the GF's favorite so it seems like every other week I'm making a batch....

 

post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the good info gents! Your right waltons has a ton of stuff. Just placed an order for several spice kits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Best commercial brats?