1. Cut as much fat and silver skin off as possible.
2. Rub with your favorite bbq rub and let sit in the fridge overnight.
3. Smoke at 250 with Apple and hickory for about 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, pull it out. Take a big metal pan and make a bed of onions, jalapeños, and a bottle of beer. Put the shoulder in the pan and pour a bottle of bbq sauce over it. Cover it tight and put it back in the smoker for another 3-4 hours or until it is fall off the bone tender.
5. Chop it up like bbq and add some of the juice back in. You can even eat it on tortillas with some of the jalapeños and onions.
Holy smokes it was good!
The only money shot I took was of the finished product because I wasn't sure how it would turn out.