or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Slim Jim's second time New Recipe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim Jim's second time New Recipe - Page 2

post #21 of 32

Thems there are some mighty fine looking sticks

 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

:points:

 

DS

post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

Thems there are some mighty fine looking sticks

 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

:points:

 

DS

DS I like how they finished without water cooling,taste great.5 pounds will never fill that smoker but makes me happy Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

Richie

post #23 of 32
Awesome lookin sticks Richie ! I'd take a few of em with a couple cold ones... Ya could just swing em by on your way to Ga. biggrin.gif

New smoker looks nice ! icon14.gif
post #24 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Awesome lookin sticks Richie ! I'd take a few of em with a couple cold ones... Ya could just swing em by on your way to Ga. biggrin.gif

New smoker looks nice ! icon14.gif

Justin You know I think we tried that rte. but someone must of moved Idaho off rte 75. LOL Thanks for the points I appreciate it.

Richie

post #25 of 32

How did the new smoker perform?

 

Nice sticks there too.

post #26 of 32
Good looking sticks, what type of meat and ratio did yah use? What are fermento and dextrose? Binders/tang?
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
 

How did the new smoker perform?

 

Nice sticks there too.

Rick the smoker is 100 times better then the gen #2 as far as I can tell.Thanks

Richie

post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzuqer View Post

Good looking sticks, what type of meat and ratio did yah use? What are fermento and dextrose? Binders/tang?

Sorry for the delay I was out of state,didn't bring my laptop.80/20 ground beef

Fermento is for the tang dextrose is a sugar helps calm the salt

Richie

post #29 of 32

Richie

 

Great looking sticks on the new MES.

 

POINTS!!!

 

Larry

post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoalpha View Post
 

Richie

 

Great looking sticks on the new MES.

 

POINTS!!!

 

Larry

Larry thanks I like this recipe better then the first,air drying gives them a nice finishing look.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #31 of 32

Nice !!!   Those really look good, great way to break in the new smoker

 

points1.png

 

Gary

post #32 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Nice !!!   Those really look good, great way to break in the new smoker

 

points1.png

 

Gary

Gary Thanks you I am happy with the way it performed,temps held pretty close to the set mark.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Slim Jim's second time New Recipe