Part 2 of the Golf Outing, continuation of this post here.
May 11th, 2016 - Back at Restaurant Depot Shopping for ribs.
- Ribs are trimmed St. Louis style, small trimmings are on the left and reserved for the Beans, Larger trimmings are on the right and will be for the Rib Bits (Pig Candy), both of which is heavily rubbed with my pork rub, then everything is wrapped and placed in the refrigerator.
May 12th, 2016 - Ribs are mopped with Soy,Worcestershire and Pineapple Juice, then lightly coated with my favorite Rib Rub.
- Rib Bits (Pig Candy is tossed on the Firebox, Apple Juice, Sweet Baby Rays, KC Masterpiece, Home Made BBQ Sauce and some of my Pork Rub is added till the flavor is where I want it.
- Time for the other side.
- Had to dodge this guy for 5 hours, was underfoot the entire cook!
- Flipped, mopped.
- Foiling stage...Not my Preferred method.
- Ribs are removed and a glaze is made and Ribs are coated every 10 minutes the rest of the cook. Ribs are then wrapped in plastic wrap and foil.
May 13th, 2016 - Graduation
May 14th, 2016 - Golf Outing
- For the Pulled pork, water is boiled then cooled a bit, the cold, Vac-Sealed pork is added to the hot water and will sit in the water an hour, removed and fork tossed in a steamer pan with drippings and a barbecue sauce.
- Kitchen Help
- Information about the Golf Outing and photos of each foursome.
- Boys taking a well deserved Hot Dog break.
- Don't look into the light... Noooooo!
- Boys having a little down time, its a long day for these guys, 6:30 am at the Golf Course and some stay and help after the luncheon, which can be 5 or 6pm, its about a 10 -12 hour day for some of these boys.
- Roast Beef
- Pulled Pork
- Steaming Ribs
- Rib Bits and Beans
- Veggie Pasta Salad
- Roasted Potatoes... Changing these out with a Loaded Potato recipe I am working on for next year.
- Potato Salad
- Chicken Chili, toppings-fresh Chives from the garden, three cheese blend, Jalapenos and Sour Cream
- Coffee, Hot Water and tea.
- And I finally got my Real Linen Tablecloths, don't they look nice, sure beats plastic tablecloths....now I gotta wash'em lol.
- Menu cards
Edited by SQWIB - 5/17/16 at 9:00am