or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › About the Forum › Forum Related Issues › Just curious...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just curious...

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Recently I've noticed old threads showing up in the "SMF Recent Activity" without anyone posting to it.

For example this one is listed there now.... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/120030/smoking-precooked-turkey-breast#post_796750

 

Not complaining here, just wondering what that's all about.

post #2 of 12

Someone posted to it 3 days and 9 hours ago but they were replying to a post from over 4 years ago.

post #3 of 12
hey Joe... I have seen this happen as well... and then a few hrs later the new post finally appears...
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

hey Joe... I have seen this happen as well... and then a few hrs later the new post finally appears...

 

That's kind of strange..... am curious why that happens. Not a software or computer person so I'm stumped :biggrin:

post #5 of 12
here's one that just popped up... the last post to it was 9/7/15 ... just now popped up with no new post....

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/98605/too-much-fire-traeger-help-sought/20#post_1459501
post #6 of 12

It's up with a reply now. I think what's happening is a new member post to an old thread, The thread gets moved to most recent, but the new member post is delayed for moderation.

 I have no clue what the protocols and policies are here, but have seen other boards where new member posts are moderated the first few times.

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosparky View Post
 

It's up with a reply now. I think what's happening is a new member post to an old thread, The thread gets moved to most recent, but the new member post is delayed for moderation.

 I have no clue what the protocols and policies are here, but have seen other boards where new member posts are moderated the first few times.

 

Very possible.

 

I thought (am probably wrong) that only pics are held back for new members.

Either way, it makes no difference. I just happen to notice and found it strange.

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP61 View Post
 

 

Very possible.

 

I thought (am probably wrong) that only pics are held back for new members.

Either way, it makes no difference. I just happen to notice and found it strange.

 

 

Any post with or without pics can be held for moderation from new posting members.

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

 

 

Any post with or without pics can be held for moderation from new posting members.

 

Thanks Adam!

 

Thumbs Up Good call mosparky!

post #10 of 12
And it's back at it again... this just popped up without a new post added since 4/16 ... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/236549/lang-84-for-sale#post_1555707
post #11 of 12
I just approved a new member post.
post #12 of 12
AHHHHH... that explains it ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Related Issues
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › About the Forum › Forum Related Issues › Just curious...