or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Info (Digital Units)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Info (Digital Units) - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpacker048 View Post
 


Hey Bear,

 

I forgot to ask you about the pellets I need to order.  As I understand it, you're only supposed to generate smoke for half of the cooking time????  That being said, if I smoke a Boston Butt for 8 hours, I would need enough pellets to last 4 hours.  How many pounds would I need to do that?  I guess that as a rule of thumb a pound of pellets lasts how long?  I'm trying to figure out how much to buy along with the maze.

 

Backpacker


Yup---Yours is a Generation #2.

The best thing seems to be to do the following:

Remove the little water pan from that slanted drip plate.

Then set your AMNPS over that hole left by the missing water pan (you don't need the water pan anyway---Ever).

Then you can put a throw-away foil pan under the water pan hole in case any drips show up.

 

I make smoke as long as the meat is in the smoker, unless the food is in the foiling stage.

Get plenty of Pellets & some Dust. The more you get the less shipping you pay per pound. IMO

 

Bear

post #22 of 27

Hi Bear - great info as always!

 

Now a side question: On this thread and your "Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step)" thread I have noticed that your pics in the initial post of the thread do not show up for me, but all other pics in the thread seem to (I can see backpacker's pic in this thread).  Any thoughts?

post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly View Post
 

Hi Bear - great info as always!

 

Now a side question: On this thread and your "Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step)" thread I have noticed that your pics in the initial post of the thread do not show up for me, but all other pics in the thread seem to (I can see backpacker's pic in this thread).  Any thoughts?


Hi Frankly!!

 

Sorry to hear that----I think maybe you're just too far on the other side of Allentown for those Pics to reach you!!

Just Kidding.

 

I've had that happen already when I tried to open pics. Sometimes I just refresh the screen & they come up, and sometime I just wait a little longer, and they come up. Sometimes it takes awhile if there are a lot of Pics on one Post. Backpacker only has two small pics on this page.

Do you have trouble with anybody else's pics?

I think "Backpacker" uploaded his pics directly through the forum, and I ran mine through Photobucket, and then Copied & Pasted them.

Maybe your system needs something to be able to use Photobucket.

These are just guesses, because I'm pretty much of a Computer Dummy.

Let me know how you make out.

 

Bear

post #24 of 27

Hi Bear - must be this particular locked down work laptop and the Photobucket use...  Everyone else's pics come up fine and I am able to see yours on another laptop and phone now that I tried that!  Now back to looking at threads and figuring out what to smoke this weekend!

post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly View Post
 

Hi Bear - must be this particular locked down work laptop and the Photobucket use...  Everyone else's pics come up fine and I am able to see yours on another laptop and phone now that I tried that!  Now back to looking at threads and figuring out what to smoke this weekend!


OK---I thought that might be.

I got a Retired Buddy who is a guard at a big Nursing Home, and there are things that he can't open on the work computer.

 

Bear

post #26 of 27
Bear carver
Where would you put a 5 X 8 AMNPS on a 40" Gen. 2.5? lower left?
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrymac View Post

Bear carver
Where would you put a 5 X 8 AMNPS on a 40" Gen. 2.5? lower left?


I have found the best place in my Gen #2.5 to be:

I put the bottom rack in, and put the AMNPS on the right side of that bottom rack.

Then if it's not smoking too good, I give it more air by pulling the chip dumper out a couple inches.

If it gets to smoking too heavy, I push the chip dumper back in.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Info (Digital Units)