or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › 5 lbs. Slim Jims
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5 lbs. Slim Jims - Page 2

post #21 of 43
Nice looking stix, Richie!
points.gif
I always finish in the oven after the smoke treatment. Works for me...:-)

Dan
post #22 of 43


Good looking sticks!! I copied the recipe and will try it soon.

post #23 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Nice looking batch, When you mailing them out ?  ------------  Points

 

Gary

Gary thanks they should be there today,unless I didn't seal the aroma in LOL Thanks for the point

Richie

post #24 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great Richie! If you can't get out fishing just send those on over to me. I'll take them halibut fishing next week!

Case I will be driving up there today Hope I get out Thanks

Richie

post #25 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHibbert View Post
 

Jeez Richie.  That really sucks about the MES crapping out.  

 

The slim Jims look great--but I don`t imagine you got much smoke on them.  I know what would happen to me if I were to use Miss Linda`s oven as a smoker.  :wife:

 

:points:

 

Gary

Gary they had 5 hrs of smoke so they are good,the extended warranty is good from Sams,I will most likely get the Bt MES 40 Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #26 of 43

Look great!! Nice job,,,,,Not a very full smoker thou  :icon_eek: LOL 

 

Good luck fishing,,,, 

 

POINTS
 

DS
 

post #27 of 43

Richie, Doesn't matter how you got there ,the results look excellent ! 

post #28 of 43
Awesome lookin sticks Richie, hope your fishing goes well ! Sorry bout the MES going on ya, hope ya get it replaced soon !
post #29 of 43
Those look tasty! I almost bought a slim jim today they have flavors now? It's been along time but the cheesesteak flavor was tempting.
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Those look tasty! I almost bought a slim jim today they have flavors now? It's been along time but the cheesesteak flavor was tempting.

I noticed you said "almost"! Funny how once you've made your own (sausage, Pastrami, whatever), the store bought stuff just doesn't look so good :-)
post #31 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post

Nice looking stix, Richie!
points.gif
I always finish in the oven after the smoke treatment. Works for me...:-)

Dan

Dan Thanks I have finished some smokes in the oven,just wanted to let these finish in the smoke Thanks for the point

Richie

post #32 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

Look great!! Nice job,,,,,Not a very full smoker thou  :icon_eek: LOL 

 

Good luck fishing,,,, 

 

POINTS
 

DS
 

DS Thanks the fishing trip was cancelled  But the sticks were a big hit Thanks for the point

Richie

post #33 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejhim View Post
 


Good looking sticks!! I copied the recipe and will try it soon.

We ate a bunch yesterday,I think a pinch more heat would make them better,let us know how you do Thanks

Richie

post #34 of 43

Good to know, I like heat. Waiting on my shipment of casings.

post #35 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoon View Post
 

Richie, Doesn't matter how you got there ,the results look excellent ! 

My oven wasn't to bad to work with. Thanks for the point 

Richie

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Awesome lookin sticks Richie, hope your fishing goes well ! Sorry bout the MES going on ya, hope ya get it replaced soon !

Just Thanks it did me a favor,the warranty is probably going to cover most of the cost.I am glad I bought the fermento it gives that little tang they need.Thanks for the point

Richie

post #36 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Those look tasty! I almost bought a slim jim today they have flavors now? It's been along time but the cheesesteak flavor was tempting.

What Dan said home made is the only way Thanks for looking

Richie

post #37 of 43

Richie, morning....   Sticks look perfect....  they will be awesome on the fishing trip.....   

 

Too bad about the smoker but you pulled through "that" dilemma in flying colors....    Thumbs Up

post #38 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post
 

Richie, morning....   Sticks look perfect....  they will be awesome on the fishing trip.....   

 

Too bad about the smoker but you pulled through "that" dilemma in flying colors....    Thumbs Up

Dave Thanks the trip was canceled Bad Weather. I scheduled again for next Sat. The smoker was covered getting almost all my money back. 

Richie

post #39 of 43
Thread Starter 

Didn't realize there was no cut shot,so I took a pic for you.Will be getting my new MES$) Bluetooth tomorrow.

Richie

 

post #40 of 43

Hello,

 

Man, those are some nice looking sticks. Can you post a link to the step by step process you followed for making these, or if it's out of a book the title of the book? Thank you.

--Ryan

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › 5 lbs. Slim Jims