I decided to start few different things all at the same time.
The Lonzino was using Lpoli Recipe and a nice pork loin, I think next time I will find a local processor since the local meat market had the same stuff as Costco.
The Salami Sticks and Salami were again using the Lpoli Recipe I just used 2 different thicknesses of casings. 23 and 33MM.
My last batch of Salami sticks were great flavor but texture was a bit off so I picked up a 5# lem stuffer which corrected the texture issue.
Here I cut and washed the lonzino getting it prepped for cure and seasoning.
Once seasoned I placed them into Ziplock bags for 14 days flipping daily.
Once the 14 days were up i decided to throw the rest of the meat in at the same time.
so I washed the loin off and let it dry.
I ground up some Elk and Pork to make the Salami.
I then Stuffed the Lonzino into the beef bung caps and netting.
Hung everything into the chamber for Fermenting 85-90 degrees and 80-90% humidity
After fermenting I already started to see the Color change in the Salami.
I switched my chamber from Fermenting to drying and left for the weekend on a fishing trip. Came back to a great smell and perfect look and weight loss. my only issue was i may need to figure out how to get the top of the snack sticks and salami further apart as it is not drying as well where they are touching. Here i flipped them and you can see the start poking out since they are already stiff
2 days later the Snack sticks were at the right level but i left them in over night sitting on top of the rack to dry out just a little over 40%
This morning I pulled the Snack sticks
and the curing chamber is looking empty now.
I ate a ziplock bag of Salami Sticks for breakfast and shared with some co-workers. I really like them. Hoping that the thicker sticks have the same flavor. I think another week or 2 for the bigger sticks. and 3 weeks for the Lonzino I will update when they get closer.