The most over posted thread question and perhaps one of the hardest to answer. What is the best smoker? Now BEFORE you rage; I am asking for my particular setup and I am not looking for THE best smoker, more so the best smoker for ME. Suggestions and details why would be much appreciated.
I am building an outdoor kitchen and would like to purchase my forever smoker. Price is not a concern but I don't want to get something just because of a name or because it is expensive. I would like to be able to incorporate it into the permanent structure as much as possible rather than having it sit off by itself.
- I have been smoking for about 5 years now with with a WSM 18". I love it but I also do not know anything else since it is my first and only smoker.
- I smoke Butts, whole turkey, whole chicken, ribs (beef and pork). I smoke in the 275 range. I live in Florida so dealing with super cold winter weather is not an issue.
- Charcoal and wood mix is my preferred fuel.
- 18" is too small to cook for some of the parties we have, so if i go with another WSM it would be the 22". I would like something that is big enough to cook a mix of meats for around a party of 15. Right now I am limited to a butt and one other meat since I can stack them. It would be nice to be able to add a third meat in. For example a butt some ribs and a whole chicken. However, I do not want it to be so large lat I have to waste a bunch of fuel to do a few racks of ribs for the family.
- I am open to form factors. I have only used the bullet form factor but it is not something that is a must.
- Access to the fuel is important. I do not like the Egg or the Kamado because you do not have access to add more wood or coal easily.
- Temp control is important obviously. I am familiar and competent with using the vents on my WSM. I would like my new rig to be as easy, if not easier, to control the temp.
- Clean up and maintenance need to be somewhat easy.
Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. It is greatly appreciate.