or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Events › 2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th PICTURES ADDED
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th PICTURES ADDED - Page 7

post #121 of 273
Steve... Jeramy ... how much meat (wght wise) can you get in the tumblers comfortably without over crowding ? And needs to tumble how long to take in the marinade ? Was just thinking about bringing the 10 tray dehydrator and a pork loin and making some pork jerky ... That's if we can talk Doug into some of his "world famous" jerky marinade...
post #122 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjarchef View Post


But as said before. If there is something you want me to demo, let me know. Ill be happy to show anything I can.

What I'd really like to learn from you is how you professionals keep food warm, or reheat it, while still maintaining that just cooked taste. I'm sure restaurants aren't pulling ribs off the smoker every hour just so they'll be fresh.
post #123 of 273
Kieth specs say up to 4# of meat.
post #124 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

Steve... Jeramy ... how much meat (wght wise) can you get in the tumblers comfortably without over crowding ? And needs to tumble how long to take in the marinade ? Was just thinking about bringing the 10 tray dehydrator and a pork loin and making some pork jerky ... That's if we can talk Doug into some of his "world famous" jerky marinade...

I thought is was 5 pounds. I usually do a whole loin and split it, after slicing, into two batches. You tumble for 30 minutes. Todds says that's enough, and it probably would be if you ate it a few days. I always add come cure, so I let it sit in the juice overnight and smoke it the next day.

If you want to try a batch, I can bring the ingredients for my teriyaki jerky. I have it refined quite nicely. But it you want something else, you'll have to look otherwise as it's the only kind I make.
post #125 of 273
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone! Back from a long busy weekend so getting caught up!

 

@carol506 - Looks like approx 9-10 Thursday night. I'll bring Dogs and Buns!

 

@JckDanls 07 - I'll bring stuff for jerky marinade as well!

 

@FloridaSteve - I think i've got everything updated on Page 1 but let me know if i've forgotten anything for anyone

 

I'll also bring extra eggs and bacon for breakfast foods. As like @jarjarchef i still dont know what all i'm going to make but now that the menu is populating i can figure that out :)

post #126 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSteve View Post

I thought is was 5 pounds. I usually do a whole loin and split it, after slicing, into two batches. You tumble for 30 minutes. Todds says that's enough, and it probably would be if you ate it a few days.

I thought i saw 5# before, but looked it up and it said 4#. As long as it can move around, i figure put what you can fit.

Based on what i have been told about vacuum marinating the 30 min should be good. The vacuum forces the meat to open up so the marinade penetrates more effectively. Then when the vacuum is removed it locks it in. However i am not an expert with it.
post #127 of 273
I use mine a lot and love it. I marinate and smoke a lot of pork loin and eye of round. I slice it thin for sandwiches. That is my usual lunch😃
post #128 of 273


The vac-tumbler is all new to me. I'll be real interested to see how that works. May be a new have to have toy, err tool for me.

post #129 of 273
Won't be long now.... 2 weeks .. I'm ready ...
post #130 of 273

Ok i'm getting the Brunswick stew ready today.

 

Make the sauce first, set this aside for adding later.

 

 

 

Diced potatoes, onions, melted butter.

 

Home smoked chicken (hickory)

 

 

Pulled pork

 

 

 

Simmering in layers. Pork & chicken added to the taters/onions. 

 

 

Adding chopped stewed tomatoes, peas, lima beans, cream corn. Keep simmering. Stir but not to much to break the taters apart.

 

 

Now add the sauce that was made first. Gently stir in.

 

 

Now cover and slow simmer for 2 hours. Use a slotted spoon to fold once or twice.

 

 

When its cool i will vac seal this. I can bring my stock pot if needed.

 

My wife wont eat this stew because she no like cream corn & onions th_dunno-1[1].gif How bout that, an Amish girl that dont like corn?

 

See Y'all soon.

 

 

Cooling

post #131 of 273

Mouth is watering Nepas, I can see I will be sharpening so steel for sure. 

 

 

wayne

post #132 of 273

Brunswick stew is a done deal. Vac sealed and ready to head to the freezer, 3 large bags and one small.

 

post #133 of 273

Bump this up. Getting close, 8 days

post #134 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

what about Don (OrlandosmoKing) ... anybody heard from him ?? is he and his gang coming ??

OHHHHHHHHH DONNNNNNNN



No worries sir! I/we are planning to attend. Hope you're ready. lol
post #135 of 273
We are a week away and it's very quiet here. We are starting gathering goodies for the trip. I will be bringing a stack of plates along with chili, brisket, pork loin (Keith us going to grind so we can have breakfast sausage), some eggs, and BBQ beans.
post #136 of 273

We will be there Friday morning with goodies.

 

Where can we park the car.

post #137 of 273

Thanks for the invite doug but wont be able to make it this year. Plate has been full for the past 2 yrs... Y'all have a great time and I'll be watching

 

Joe

post #138 of 273
Carol... I will bring the grinder... Hoping you made a mistake on saying pork loin and meant boston butt... loins are to lean for sausage... sausage needs the fat that;s in a Butt...

Rick.. you can come and park right at the campsites ...

Joe.... hope everything goes well on cleaning that plate up... hopefully next year it will be clean...

Don.. have you ever seen me not ready ??? yahoo.gif

So far I'm doing a ham.. haven't made up my mind yet on some other treats ...
post #139 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

Carol... I will bring the grinder... Hoping you made a mistake on saying pork loin and meant boston butt... loins are to lean for sausage... sausage needs the fat that;s in a Butt...

Rick.. you can come and park right at the campsites ...

Joe.... hope everything goes well on cleaning that plate up... hopefully next year it will be clean...

Don.. have you ever seen me not ready ??? yahoo.gif

So far I'm doing a ham.. haven't made up my mind yet on some other treats ...


Thank You

post #140 of 273
yup... getting camper out this wknd and start loading up...

As Carol said.. not much hype going on.. but you know everybody is gearing up and ready for some R + R ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Events
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Events › 2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th PICTURES ADDED