or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › BBB Bacon-Swiss Deerburgers on the “Q”
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BBB Bacon-Swiss Deerburgers on the “Q”

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
BBB Bacon-Swiss Deerburgers on the “Q”




Time for some Deerburgers, but this time I figured I’d add some Home Smoked Buckboard Bacon, some Swiss Cheese, and some of Mrs Bear’s Sauce & I couldn’t forget a little Frank’s Hot Sauce.

The Captions above each Pic should tell All.

Thanks For Stopping By!!

Bear






8 Nice Deerburgers on my Weber “Q”:





Melted some Swiss on my two Deerburgers just before removing from the Grill:





Put them on the Rolls with some of Mrs Bear’s Sauce & a little Frank’s Hot Sauce:





3 small pieces of my Smoked BBB for on top of each of my 2 Burgers:





Top the Deerbugrs with the Smoked BBB:




Close them up & cut them in half——Time to Eat !!
post #2 of 17
Fine looking deer burgers. I love a good deer burger time to time.
post #3 of 17

You had to post this right at lunch !!  My kind of Burger, Can't beat Swiss on a burger  That is some mighty fine looking Burgers A great Meal. Gotta have some Frank's

 

points1.png

 

Gary

post #4 of 17

Looks great!

:points:

 

You and Gary with the bacon........

:drool

Been waiting to have enough time to try making my own.

You guys make it look so good!

post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Fine looking deer burgers. I love a good deer burger time to time.


Thank You Adam!!

 

That's good old Pennsy Deer in them Burgers!!

 

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear

post #6 of 17

Hey Bear: How's about sometime showing a tutorial on how you take out the rib bones from the prime rib for those Dino Ribs. Thanks Tim

post #7 of 17

Those are real beauties Bear! point

b

post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beuregard View Post
 

Hey Bear: How's about sometime showing a tutorial on how you take out the rib bones from the prime rib for those Dino Ribs. Thanks Tim

 

All I do is stand the Rib Roast on it's side.

Then with my fillet knife, cut all the way through, holding the knife between 3/4" and 1" from the bones.

Staying that far away from the bones makes it easy, because you won't run into any bones during the cutting.

This gives you Dino Ribs with a good amount of meat on them, very different than they sell in the stores.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

Those are real beauties Bear! point

b

 

Thank You Brian!!

 

And Thanks for the Points!

 

Bear

post #9 of 17

Looks great John! Curious about the Sauce, something Linda doctors up or a scratch recipe?...JJ

 

BTW...I WHINED so much about you and your Son buying a years worth of Rib Roasts that my Accountant :wife: had my daughter pick up a nice 7 pounder yesterday to shut me up! :yahoo:

post #10 of 17

The qview on this one rises to an art form, Bear.

 

Points for great burgers and your artistic touch!

 

Disco

post #11 of 17

Looks good Bear I wish I still had a  hunting place

Richie 

post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

You had to post this right at lunch !!  My kind of Burger, Can't beat Swiss on a burger  That is some mighty fine looking Burgers A great Meal. Gotta have some Frank's

 

points1.png

 

Gary

Thank You Gary!!

 

And Thanks for the Points!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin218R View Post
 

Looks great!

:points:

 

You and Gary with the bacon........

:drool

Been waiting to have enough time to try making my own.

You guys make it look so good!

 

Thank You!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

Looks great John! Curious about the Sauce, something Linda doctors up or a scratch recipe?...JJ

 

BTW...I WHINED so much about you and your Son buying a years worth of Rib Roasts that my Accountant :wife: had my daughter pick up a nice 7 pounder yesterday to shut me up! :yahoo:


Thanks Jimmy!!

Glad you got a Rib Roast !!

 

Her Sauce is pretty Basic, but we like it. She doesn't measure, so I'll just tell you what she told me:

Ketchup

Brown Sugar

A little Vinegar

A couple drops of Liquid Smoke.

 

Heat in Sauce pan until Brown Sugar dissolves.

 

I add Frank's Hot Sauce to mine too.

 

Bear

post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

The qview on this one rises to an art form, Bear.

 

Points for great burgers and your artistic touch!

 

Disco


Thank You Disco!!

 

So nice of you to say!

 

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear

post #14 of 17
Ya knocked that cook outta the park Bear, very nice ! Awesome !!! icon14.gif
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

Looks good Bear I wish I still had a  hunting place

Richie 

 

Thanks Richie!!

Don't they have any State Game Lands in Upstate NY ?  There's lots of Deer up there.

If not, Pennsy has Millions of PA State Game Land acres, but I guess an out of State license isn't too cheap now days.

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Ya knocked that cook outta the park Bear, very nice ! Awesome !!! icon14.gif

Thank You Justin!!

 

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear

post #16 of 17

"Thanks Richie!!

Don't they have any State Game Lands in Upstate NY ?  There's lots of Deer up there.

If not, Pennsy has Millions of PA State Game Land acres, but I guess an out of State license isn't too cheap now days.

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear"

 

John They have but it is not for me,to many idiots shooting at sound.

Richie

post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

"Thanks Richie!!

Don't they have any State Game Lands in Upstate NY ?  There's lots of Deer up there.

If not, Pennsy has Millions of PA State Game Land acres, but I guess an out of State license isn't too cheap now days.

And Thanks for the Points!!

 

Bear"

 

John They have but it is not for me,to many idiots shooting at sound.

Richie


Yeah I heard that---Had a Buddy who used to hunt NJ & NY.

He said when he hunted in Jersey, they had Ambulances & EMT guys parked out in the wooded areas, so they'd be closer to the accidental shootings.

PA has so many millions of acres of SGL that it's not so crowded in most places.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Wild Game
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Wild Game › BBB Bacon-Swiss Deerburgers on the “Q”