Thanks for your suggestions Chef JJ. I looked up the green chorizo and it does sound good but that might be too "new" for the rest of my household. Might have to try some for myself another time.
Scarbelly's mango jalapeno recipe has caught my attention. The use of mango (or any fruit) in sausage is a new idea to me.
I also found this chicken sausage recipe from lets-make-sausage(dot)com
5 lbs boned turkey meat, both dark and light, including skin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon medium ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons commercial chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium sized jalapeno peppers, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 cup cold dry red wine
I am kind of leaning towards a mixture of the two. I think I would use Scarbelly's recipe as a base.
Leave out the Mango (for this time at least)
Add ground Cumin
Add black pepper
Add dry white wine (or use good ole water. would the wine compliment the other flavors??)
What about adding some ground coriander? To me coriander gives a subtle lime-like flavor. Yay or Nay?
Like many of you I can never leave well enough alone and have to try and mess it up. I would really appreciate any suggestions or new ideas!