or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Pellet Smokers  › A-Maze-N Smokers › Expanding tube partial smoke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Expanding tube partial smoke.

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Received 12 - 18" expandable tube.  Is there a way to only fill to 6-9 inches for short smokes?

post #2 of 7

Sure fill it to any length you wish. I have a 12" non-expandable and stick a ball of foil in half way for 6" of pellets...JJ

post #3 of 7

I would just fill it as much as you think you need.  1/4 full, 1/2 full, etc. It will still light fine with a torch through the holes.

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

Sure fill it to any length you wish. I have a 12" non-expandable and stick a ball of foil in half way for 6" of pellets...JJ

 

I too have the 12" - haven't tried the ball of foil trick but have filled to the amount wanted, cover the opening with my hand and tip to bring pellets forward.  Carefully place tube in grill and light as normal.  Worked great.

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by muralboy View Post
 

 

I too have the 12" - haven't tried the ball of foil trick but have filled to the amount wanted, cover the opening with my hand and tip to bring pellets forward.  Carefully place tube in grill and light as normal.  Worked great.

 

I just put the foil because the first half full use I bumped it and the pellets spread out more. So I figured foil was an easy way to hold the pellets in place...JJ

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

 

I just put the foil because the first half full use I bumped it and the pellets spread out more. So I figured foil was an easy way to hold the pellets in place...JJ

 

Makes perfect sense

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Like the sound of the foil ball. To clumsy to not knock them over.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: A-Maze-N Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Pellet Smokers  › A-Maze-N Smokers › Expanding tube partial smoke.