or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview - Page 3

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post

Yeah, they should put a banner at the top of the home page with the disclaimer;

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"
sausage.gif

It somehow seems completely appropriate that you quote Dante's Inferno on a BBQ forum. :)
post #42 of 56
And I'd bet Dante appreciated a good Pastrami !
post #43 of 56
Thread Starter 

Good bologna too!

 

Al

post #44 of 56

So many things and recipes, so little time.

    I've got to get up my nerve and try sausages.

Great looking stuff Sir, my compliments on your work.

 

Keep on smokin'                     Ed

post #45 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post
 

So many things and recipes, so little time.

    I've got to get up my nerve and try sausages.

Great looking stuff Sir, my compliments on your work.

 

Keep on smokin'                     Ed

 

 

Thanks Ed,

 

I appreciate it!

 

Al

post #46 of 56

Nice looking stuff, Al. Love fried bologna and growing up ate a lot of fried liver sausage as well. Thumbs Up

post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

Looks great! I get a great store brand locally but would like to learn to make one that tastes close for a future move out of the area.

 

Lettuce and Mayo? Never had it that way, but the last 50 years it's been Fried Bologna on a Kaiser Roll with a BIG pile of Fried ONIONS! :yahoo: Dang now I got a Taste and none in the refer!...JJ


I have a good recipe for a Midwest style ring bologna. PM me if interested.

post #48 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewmeister View Post
 

Nice looking stuff, Al. Love fried bologna and growing up ate a lot of fried liver sausage as well. Thumbs Up

 

 

Thanks Jon,

 

I ate a lot of fried liver & onions growing up, but never liver sausage.

 

Al

post #49 of 56
Looks tasty Al, very nice ! icon14.gif
post #50 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Looks tasty Al, very nice ! icon14.gif

 

 

Thank-you my friend!

 

And thank-you for the point!

 

Al

post #51 of 56
Al this post reminded me of my childhood of hauling hay till late at night when my uncle would pull up with fried bologna sandwiches. The were hand sliced off the "tube" so they were good and thick. Now you have led me down another wormhole on this forum!!!
post #52 of 56

Al, I've just got to say that that bologna looks sooooooo much better than any you can buy in a store.  Beautiful.  Seems like everyone grew up eating fried bologna.  I like mine fried a LOT longer than that--get some of that good char on it.

 

POIMTS!!!!!

 

Gary

post #53 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHibbert View Post
 

Al, I've just got to say that that bologna looks sooooooo much better than any you can buy in a store.  Beautiful.  Seems like everyone grew up eating fried bologna.  I like mine fried a LOT longer than that--get some of that good char on it.

 

POIMTS!!!!!

 

Gary

 

 

Thanks Gary!

 

I usually cook it a little longer too, as I like the char also.

 

Judy & I were sooo hungry I just took it off, and we ate!  :icon_smile:

 

Thanks for the point, Buddy!

post #54 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzldawg View Post

Al this post reminded me of my childhood of hauling hay till late at night when my uncle would pull up with fried bologna sandwiches. The were hand sliced off the "tube" so they were good and thick. Now you have led me down another wormhole on this forum!!!

 

 

Glad I could bring back some good memories!!

 

Al

post #55 of 56

My Dad used to slice it about a 1/2 " thick and throw it on the grill . Char it up and hit it with some sauce and Falstaff . So good . Did the same thing with spam . 

post #56 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsaw View Post
 

My Dad used to slice it about a 1/2 " thick and throw it on the grill . Char it up and hit it with some sauce and Falstaff . So good . Did the same thing with spam . 

 

 

Sounds like a great idea, never tried it on the grill. Boy does Falstaff bring back memories!

 

Al

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview