New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

So a friend orders a RF trailer 250 gallon cooker. Goes to get it and it has no RF plate inside just a 8" piece of pipe from the FB to about 8" from the other end of the CC and racks. (1)  1/2" hole dead center of CC for a drain says to hose it down and scrap it to clean it out


Am I missing something here do these really work.Is this some new method that no one knows about

post #2 of 9
Do you have a picture?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

I'll put one up tomm

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 

Here it is the company that built this calls it reverse flow


I'm at a loss for words on this one





post #5 of 9
Need a better picture but it looks like it meets the definition of a reverse flow
post #6 of 9
It really depends on where the stack is. If it's over the fire box then yes, reverse flow. If it's opposite the firebox then it is a standard offset with some sort of a tuning plate installed.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 

It is over the FB but there is Nothing nota a plate anywhere it's a wide open CC. Has that pipe and racks in it that's all

post #8 of 9

That pipe will restrict the air flow causing the Fire Box to overheat and cool temperatures in the Cook Chamber...    Way too much resistance using that pipe....    Poor design....  IMHO....

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Dave that's what I thought piss poor design plus he only used 3/16 metal between FB and CC.
I wish I could say the company's name and have people steer clear but just can't
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reverse Flow