New member here from St. Louis. Been a grilling fan for many years, and 5 years ago when I finally had my own home and backyard, my hobby has finally begun to take off!
* Standard Weber Grill for the burgers, dogs, veggies and seafood
* WSM - 18.5 incher - this is my favorite thing, my best friend, my rock
* Crappy, cheap Brinkmann mini-off-set smoker that I got off the floor at Home Depot for $40 - I've repainted, resealed and reinforced this thing - testing it out in a few weeks!
Favorite things to make:
* Ribs - entered my first competitions last year (backyard, more casual style) - taking home 2nd and 3rd! Not a bad start, but a ways to go.
* Beer Can Chicken - this is my go-to, pepper/salt/rosemary/thyme based rub, along with some legs n' wings on the bottom level of the WSM.
* Injected Pork Butt - I follow Dr. BBQ's recipe for this, but make my own rub that's sweet, w/ a little cinnamon and cayenne.
* Brisket - have only done a few ($$$) but each one gets better n' better.
Looking fwd to gaining some great advice, insights and some great convos about making awesome meats!