or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First Brisket - Page 3

post #41 of 56

You made it!!!!!  Everyone's going to love you at your house.

 

Like was said, you probably need to invest in a good probe.  I recommend a Maverick from Amazen Products.  Todd is a sponsor for SMF.  He's always got a special going on.

 

I think your smoker temp was off a lot more than you thought.  This shouldn't have taken that long.  But...it was low and REALLY slow.  Proof is in the pan!!!!!

 

Way to go!!!!

post #42 of 56

Looks great!! Glad it turned out alright after such a long wait.

 

Points for patience and determination!! Nice work. You've inspired me to pick up another brisket today.

post #43 of 56
Thread Starter 

Wow thank you all for your kind words!!!!  All in all, I don't think I could have asked for more out of my first brisket smoke.  Super tender, juicy, and LOADED with flavor... maybe a little too much flavor... I think I should have backed off on the amount of rub just a bit.  Next time, I'll only slice what I eat -- didn't know that could dry it out.

 

Now my question is... what do I do with all of this???? :)  Ideas please!

 

The cubed up point I was thinking would make some good chili, but it seems like it would all just fall apart?  But maybe that's ok?  Any other ideas?

 

Eggs and brisket?

 

Brisket sandwiches?

 

I guess those are the basics, but what does everybody else do with these yummy morsels of meat?

post #44 of 56

You already covered "Slice what you want to eat"   I normally take a chunk and vacuum seal and freeze it for later on. If you have a sealer try sealing up some of what you can't eat.

 

Gary

post #45 of 56

It freezes well.  Do you have a vacuum sealer?  

The uses are endless.  Do a search on here for recipes.

Chili.

Make giant ABTs but instead of jalapenos, use pablano (sp)  peppers 

Open-face sammys

 

I'd eat it with ice cream!

post #46 of 56

Hash, tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches, chili, filler for a fatty, to name a few ideas.

 

I made some egg nog french toast brisket sammies just before Christmas that were incredible.

 

The possibilites are endless.

post #47 of 56
Wow. Talk about determination. icon14.gif.
I think I would have raised the white flag.
Points for the long haul, and a awesome looking brisket.grilling_smilie.gif

points.gif
post #48 of 56

Looks Perfect, Josh!!!:drool---------------:points:

 

You did an Awesome Job!!Thumbs Up

 

You've come a long way with Tasty Smokes!!

 

 

Bear

post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 

Unfortunately, at 1:15AM, nobody is awake to appreciate this...

 

 

 

I would say to them: "Come Look at my Awesome Brisket!"  :sausage: Never too late for an awesome brisket!

 

Nice!

post #50 of 56

Hey start buying containers and sending it out to family and friends. They will not complain. The satisfaction comes in you getting choice cut, and fresh dibs.

post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 

Unfortunately, at 1:15AM, nobody is awake to appreciate this...

 

 

 

I am I am !! Wait, wrong day......Pffft!

 

Nice looking brisket!

post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 

Wow thank you all for your kind words!!!!  All in all, I don't think I could have asked for more out of my first brisket smoke.  Super tender, juicy, and LOADED with flavor... maybe a little too much flavor... I think I should have backed off on the amount of rub just a bit.  Next time, I'll only slice what I eat -- didn't know that could dry it out.

 

Now my question is... what do I do with all of this???? :)  Ideas please!

 

The cubed up point I was thinking would make some good chili, but it seems like it would all just fall apart?  But maybe that's ok?  Any other ideas?

 

Eggs and brisket?

 

Brisket sandwiches?

 

I guess those are the basics, but what does everybody else do with these yummy morsels of meat?

 

Buy loaves and loaves of fresh white loaf bread, jars of mayo, and you'll need nothing else .... I always have big plans, but before I can get past the BBQ Brisket on a big buttered baked potato I have eaten it all on sandwichs. I just can't help myself 

 

Nice looking meat.

post #53 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Looks Perfect, Josh!!!:drool---------------:points:

 

You did an Awesome Job!!Thumbs Up

 

You've come a long way with Tasty Smokes!!

 

 

Bear


Thanks John!  It was you who guided me through all of my initial experiments and got me on the road to many, many successful smokes!  And thanks to everybody else as well... the entire family still moans with deep satisfaction every time they pull a piece out and eat it.  I've been lazy this weekend, but I am going to pull out my vacuum sealer and freeze about half of it.

 

I think next time I may go a bit lighter on the rub.  Even though it has amazing flavor, it may be just a tad too much on the salty side.

post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 


Thanks John!  It was you who guided me through all of my initial experiments and got me on the road to many, many successful smokes!  And thanks to everybody else as well... the entire family still moans with deep satisfaction every time they pull a piece out and eat it.  I've been lazy this weekend, but I am going to pull out my vacuum sealer and freeze about half of it.

 

I think next time I may go a bit lighter on the rub.  Even though it has amazing flavor, it may be just a tad too much on the salty side.


Thanks Josh!!

 

You were a quick study, and we had a lot of fun!!

 

Thanks,

John

post #55 of 56

Wow, that was a long cook. Im literally getting exhausted just thinking about it. Sounds like that may have motivated you to get a good temp probe. Great job on sticking it out, It looks TASTY!

:points:

post #56 of 56

Looks fantastic.

 

One observation, perhaps? Did cut the corn/deckle off? That's the big hard piece of fat that may have tuned into what looked like the wing. Maybe not. But removing that corn as well as some of the hard fat may help your cook time a bit. Some folks don't trim much at all. Some trim it down pretty well. I am kinda in between, depending on the individual brisket. But I always remove the hard piece of fat. 

 

We make street tacos, huevos rancheros, philly cheese steaks. Make chili with it. Sammiches. Stir fry. ABTs............I could do this all night. Omelets. Stuffed bell peppers. Did I mention sammiches? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef