or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Not sure if internal thermometer in MES 30 is right
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not sure if internal thermometer in MES 30 is right

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Been smoking 5 big chicken breat for almost 3 1/2 hours at 250 and been stuck in the 152-156 temp range for an hour.
post #2 of 14

Use a different thermometer....   They are rarely correct...

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
I will definitely get me one but don't have one right now. Going to wait a little longer. What's a good one to get?
post #4 of 14
post #5 of 14

Mine is 10F at the moment. Was working perfectly when I got the box.  Not sure whats going on.  Use a Mav 733.

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thank you
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsak View Post

Been smoking 5 big chicken breat for almost 3 1/2 hours at 250 and been stuck in the 152-156 temp range for an hour.

 

 

Are you opening the door a lot like you would with a grill? You can't do that with an electric. Just a thought

post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
No. I left it closed the whole time. Finally just turned it up to 275 and got done. Tasted good but not as juicy as it should of been.
post #9 of 14

I would be willing to bet large sums of money that it is not correct.  Some possible alternatives with internal grill / meat probes - Maverick, ThermoPro, iGrill, ThermaQue.  I also like to validate what the Maverick is stating the IT of the meat is with a good quick read thermometer (I have a Thermapen).

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by westby View Post
 

I would be willing to bet large sums of money that it is not correct.  Some possible alternatives with internal grill / meat probes - Maverick, ThermoPro, iGrill, ThermaQue.  I also like to validate what the Maverick is stating the IT of the meat is with a good quick read thermometer (I have a Thermapen).


LOL----You won't find many around here to take that bet !!!

 

 

Bear

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post


LOL----You won't find many around here to take that bet !!!


Bear

Masterbuilt should drop the Bluetooth and contract with Maverick to make their probe part of the stock unit.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummel View Post


Masterbuilt should drop the Bluetooth and contract with Maverick to make their probe part of the stock unit.


I only like therms that aren't attached to a smoker.

 

I can take them to the kitchen to test in boiling water.

 

Can't do that with the Built in MES Sensors & Probes.

 

 

Bear

post #13 of 14

Seems like a remote therm would be best so you can see the temp without opening the smoker is that correct?

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1947 View Post
 

Seems like a remote therm would be best so you can see the temp without opening the smoker is that correct?


Absolutely.

You can move it to any place you want in the smoker.

You don't have to open the door to read it.

And it's easy to take it to your kitchen to do a Boil test for accuracy.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Not sure if internal thermometer in MES 30 is right