or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Charcoal Smokers › an official bullet owner now!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

an official bullet owner now!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
got this beauty brand new the other day and did a quick cook on it last night. Need to learn more but the theory of maintaining temp is so true. Worked as advertised and I'm sold. It's only a 14.5 but should be able to fit a couple butts on it from looks. I'm really excited to use this more and more. I also have pellet grill but haven't used that for awhile. Down the road I could see myself getting another. I built a mini but not the same control with 1 vent compared to 3.
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinadam View Post

got this beauty brand new the other day and did a quick cook on it last night. Need to learn more but the theory of maintaining temp is so true. Worked as advertised and I'm sold. It's only a 14.5 but should be able to fit a couple butts on it from looks. I'm really excited to use this more and more. I also have pellet grill but haven't used that for awhile. Down the road I could see myself getting another. I built a mini but not the same control with 1 vent compared to 3.

Nice I am looking at getting the 22.5" fire destroyed my mini

Richie

post #3 of 13

Congrats on the new smoker.

 

You just can't beat a Weber.

 

I have 3 of them.

 

Al

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

Nice I am looking at getting the 22.5" fire destroyed my mini
Richie
Richie for the price it will be well worth it. I was kinda like hmm that's expensive for that style smoker but getting this for a really good deal and using it showed me that a 22.5 would be definitely worth it and be awesome!

Best wishes!
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Congrats on the new smoker.

You just can't beat a Weber.

I have 3 of them.

Al
thanks Al! I got 4 weber currently but my silver will be going to my buddy as a donation for him and his brothers house as I have a gold already that I use.
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Questions...
Is it best to let your bullet wide open and burn through all of the charcoal and not reuse the partial coals? I always do this with my kettle but seems to keep the temp down in my bullet. Still got it to 240 but wanted to try to get 300 for my wings.
post #7 of 13
I always reuse after shaking the ash out. I finish things on the gasser most of the time but have had my 18.5 over 350* with no/dry pan just need to figure out how many briquetes to start to hit your temp,my guess a fully lit chimney in the 14.5 should get pretty hot. Congrats on the WSM!
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
First burn great heat and controlled awesome. This time control awesome but can't get real hot. I did shake and also stirred coals come before getting the wings on to try to get hotter but nothing. All 3 open full and top open full. Got water in the pan... is that why?
post #9 of 13
Congrats love my WSM. I have two 22's love them
post #10 of 13
That would be my guess. How many lit coals are you starting with? For smoking I light 15-20 and leave all vents open to get close to temp and close two fully and the third is left around a quarter open. When I'm trying to get the heat up I'll take the waterbowl out and light a lot more charcoal.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

That would be my guess. How many lit coals are you starting with? For smoking I light 15-20 and leave all vents open to get close to temp and close two fully and the third is left around a quarter open. When I'm trying to get the heat up I'll take the waterbowl out and light a lot more charcoal.
I started with a out 15 to 20 hot coals. Also using some lump with it.
post #12 of 13
Your looking for heat you need to light more like on a normal grill.
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Your looking for heat you need to light more like on a normal grill.
I'll be trying that. Still place unlit ones in the basket?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Charcoal Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Charcoal Smokers › an official bullet owner now!