Okay….for the Superbowl I’m looking to do a day of smoked EVERYTHING and I think I’ve come up with a menu, but I wanted an opinions on the breakfast recipe I came up with. I’m not sure if anything like this has been done, but I didn’t see a recipe similar.
Smoked Double Stuffed Potato and Eggs
6 Russet Potatoes
1.5 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1 package of bacon (or more...I'm not judging)
1 TBS of favorite rub
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Rub potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Place in smoker at 225-250 for roughly 3hrs using hickory, apple or pecan.
- Remove once soft to the touch, allow to cool at room temp. Place in fridge until the morning.
- Fry up the bacon
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out inards (leave kinda chunky). Make sure to keep the skins.
- Using some of the bacon fat, fry up the potato you scooped out for 5min or so (just to get some color and crisp).
- Dust potatoes with rub.
- Bacon should be cool by now, so crumble it and set aside.
- Dice jalapeno and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add 6 eggs, ¼ C of heavy cream and a pinch of salt and beat it like it stole your bike.
- In the skins fill with some of the potato and cover with egg mixture (about 50/50 mix).
- Cover liberally with bacon, pepper and cheese.
- Place back into smoker at 300 for approx 30min using the same wood you did in step 3.
- Serve with left over bacon and potatoes.
This seems like a bit of work, so before going all in, I was wondering if any of you see any flaws with this.
Obviously, if this works anything else could be substituted in as fillings (mushroom, ham, scallions, onion, sausage, etc.)