or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Pastrami Beef Ribs... A second attempt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pastrami Beef Ribs... A second attempt. - Page 2

post #21 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyBuzzard View Post

Those look GOOD! I'll bet the flavor rocks.

I can't wait! Hope they taste as good as they look!
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post

I can't wait! Hope they taste as good as they look!

Seriously? I'd have to at least sample it a bit! biggrin.gif
post #23 of 35
Thread Starter 
2nd time was a charm! After about 8 hours at around 240 they were done.









And the bite...


This was so much better than my first attempt. Handheld pastrami...only way to describe it. Really tender and juicy. If you can find a nice meaty rack of beef ribs you gotta try this. Thanks all for looking and for helping me improve this recipe!

-Chris
post #24 of 35
Wow. That looks great. Glad it worked out this time.

POINTS
post #25 of 35
Looks great! Now all you need to do is get the mustard, kraut, and rye on the pastrami pop!

POINTS!!!!
post #26 of 35

Sure makes me hungry.......   I'd eat it....

post #27 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Wow. That looks great. Glad it worked out this time.

POINTS

Thanks so much for the points and thanks for your help along the way! They may have been better if I cooked them on a mini though haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great! Now all you need to do is get the mustard, kraut, and rye on the pastrami pop!



POINTS!!!!

Thanks so much and thanks for the points. Haha I was thinking how I could incorporate Swiss cheese and mustard into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Sure makes me hungry.......   I'd eat it....

Thanks! I'll overnight you some haha
post #28 of 35

That sure does look good. Points

Richie

post #29 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

That sure does look good. Points

Richie

 

Thanks so much for the points Richie!  I had a lot of fun working on improving this from my last try.  Definitely making these again!

post #30 of 35

Oh yeah!  Those look wonderful!  The size of the ribs really shows how well they cured too.  I'll have to add this to my list of things to make!

 

Points for sure!

post #31 of 35

Wow !!  that looks good,   a couple of my favorites all rolled into one  Great Job   points1.png

 

 

Gary

post #32 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyBuzzard View Post
 

Oh yeah!  Those look wonderful!  The size of the ribs really shows how well they cured too.  I'll have to add this to my list of things to make!

 

Points for sure!

 

Thanks so much for the points and the kind words.  The short ribs really are meaty!  I am going to have to take a page out of your book and chop up the the lone leftover rib and make some hash out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Wow !!  that looks good,   a couple of my favorites all rolled into one  Great Job   points1.png

 

 

Gary

 

Thanks so much Gary!  Like you, these are two of my favorite smokes, beef ribs and pastramis so i figured this would be a fun way to combine them!

post #33 of 35

What a great thread. It has great qview, an interesting cooking method and a great result.

 

Thanks!

 

Points for a well done thread.

 

Disco

post #34 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

What a great thread. It has great qview, an interesting cooking method and a great result.

 

Thanks!

 

Points for a well done thread.

 

Disco

Thanks so much Disco!   Coming from someone who posts great pics, step by steps, and recipes, that means a lot!   As I sit here and eat my lunch and look at the forums I am already thinking what I can mess around with next.

post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post
 

Thanks so much Disco!   Coming from someone who posts great pics, step by steps, and recipes, that means a lot!   As I sit here and eat my lunch and look at the forums I am already thinking what I can mess around with next.


Sigh, that is the sign of a major smoking addiction.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Curing
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Pastrami Beef Ribs... A second attempt.