Alright, I have an update. Got the CB out of the brine yesterday for a total of 11 days in the Pops Brine. I took it out at 8 days and did a fry test and it wasn't salty enough. 11 days seems to be right for my taste.
Here it is after coming out of the brine.
I seasoned up the bacon with black pepper, Cavender's Greek Seasoning, and garlic powder.
Placed in the fridge overnight to form the pelicle.
This morning I got up and put my new MES 40 2.5 together and seasoned it.
I'm using the AMNPS with pit master's choice pellets for this smoke.
Lighting my AMNPS below. Now I'm new to the AMNPS so I didn't know how many pellets to use so I filled it up for the first run. I needed to season the smoker and have enough left to smoke the CB. I have a MAPP torch I used to light the AMNPS.
I placed my AMNPS in the bottom right corner of the smoker and pulled the chip loader out half way. I also bought a new Maverick ET-733 and ran those probes in from the exhaust of the MES after I did the boiling water test on the probes. It seems that one of my probes is off by 5F at lower temps but is spot on at 214F for boiling. So both probes are off at boiling water temp by 2F high but at lower room temp there is a 5F difference in the two probes. I may order an extra set of probes just to be on the safe side. I'm a bit of a techy and I love electronics so all this new electric equipment really has me excited. I did download the bluetooth app for the smoker and actually used it to set the temp on the smoker. It works in the living room of my house and its about 50ft away from the smoker so its a cool feature to have if your into that kind of stuff but you don't really need it.
I'm using Bear's method of smoking today and I started the smoker at 150F and plan to follow Bear's method to finish the CB. While I'm waiting I just got on Todd's sight and ordered some pellets using the coupon code posted on the site, so shout out to Todd for the savings thanks for that.
Stay tuned as I will be letting the CB rest after smoking for slicing and will post pics of the finished results.