or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Help...... Been asked to make smoked crab dip, but.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help...... Been asked to make smoked crab dip, but.....

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Buddy said he would supply the crab. I told him I would research recipes on SMF. Well he dropped off the crab yesterday, and its imitation crab meat. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this stuff..

Any suggestions?
post #2 of 13
sounds like a cold smoke is in your near future ...
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
The amnts or amnps are on standby. Just don't know how long to smoke it for. Also need some recipes.
post #4 of 13
you have to make the dip too ?? or just smoke the meat ?? dunno If I would add any seasoning... let the dip itself have the seasoning ... as far as how long.. you'll just have to sample every hour ...
post #5 of 13

Consider adding a hand-held smoker to your smoking arsenal.  It would make this a piece of cake.

 

T

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post

Consider adding a hand-held smoker to your smoking arsenal.  It would make this a piece of cake.

T

Never heard of such a thing. Any info? I have a masterbuilt cabinet smoker with a mailbox mod I can cold smoke with using a amnts or amnps.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post

Buddy said he would supply the crab. I told him I would research recipes on SMF. Well he dropped off the crab yesterday, and its imitation crab meat. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this stuff..

Any suggestions?

 

Imitation Crab? Imitation smoke! I say use liquid smoke and act like you smoked it! That fake crab would be tuff to smoke.

 

http://www.dvo.com/BestRecipes2/1229_145608758.html?CID=email

 

Its my sisters Dip recipe, my Sister's recipe. Just swap shrimp for plastic crab, add a couple of drops of liquid smoke. Best after being set in the reefer for a couple a days for flavors to settle in.

 

Plastic crab + plastic smoke = Dip never admitt to liquid smoke (not around here anyway, sheesssh)

post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Imitation Crab? Imitation smoke! I say use liquid smoke and act like you smoked it! That fake crab would be tuff to smoke.

http://www.dvo.com/BestRecipes2/1229_145608758.html?CID=email

Its my sisters Dip recipe, my Sister's recipe. Just swap shrimp for plastic crab, add a couple of drops of liquid smoke. Best after being set in the reefer for a couple a days for flavors to settle in.

Plastic crab + plastic smoke = Dip never admitt to liquid smoke (not around here anyway, sheesssh)

I here nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing.....biggrin.gif

I'm smoking some eggs tomorrow, I'll toss a few pieces in with them and see what happens.
Thanks for the recipe.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post


Never heard of such a thing. Any info? I have a masterbuilt cabinet smoker with a mailbox mod I can cold smoke with using a amnts or amnps.

 Adding a handheld to your smokers is like having a spoon with your table setting, they sure are handy at times.

 

 Handheld smokers becoming popular in the world of smoking. 

Mr. T's, "Smoked Ice Cream" from scratch

Smoked Butter - From Scratch Q/view

Have Smoking Gun - Will Travel

 

T

post #10 of 13
Bearcarver has several recipes here that use surimi (imitation crab). Maybe a quick search will yield some results.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post

 Adding a handheld to your smokers is like having a spoon with your table setting, they sure are handy at times.

 Handheld smokers becoming popular in the world of smoking. 
Mr. T's, "Smoked Ice Cream" from scratch
Smoked Butter - From Scratch Q/view
Have Smoking Gun - Will Travel

T

Thanks for the links. I can definitely see one of these coming in handy.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowin View Post


Thanks for the links. I can definitely see one of these coming in handy.

Use the smoke eggs in the dip.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/172596/smoked-fish-spread

That is one I always make,I just did it with my Salmon and everyone loved it

Richie

post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Bearcarver has several recipes here that use surimi (imitation crab). Maybe a quick search will yield some results.

Thanks dirt. I did a search for "imitation crab" and came up with nothing. However I had no clue that surimi was the same thing. I'll do a new search or PM bear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Help...... Been asked to make smoked crab dip, but.....