or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meat Taste

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Why is it that no matter what I smoke it all taste the same. ? I change rubs, wood, meat etc. It just all taste the same
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaGriller View Post

Why is it that no matter what I smoke it all taste the same. ? I change rubs, wood, meat etc. It just all taste the same


Just the same---As in How??

Real Smoky???

If so, maybe your smoke is too thick & all you taste is the smoke???

 

Please explain:

#1   Beef tastes like Pork & Chicken?

 

OR-----

 

#2   All Beef tastes like any Beef, and All Pork tastes like any Pork??

 

OR---

 

#3   All meat tastes like Smoke??

 

 

Bear

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Everything taste like smoke. I guess I only put two chunks of wood on my smoker I usually lite two spots with my loot lighter once it's get going I place a chunk of wood there
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
I use a primo xl and royal oak lump charcoal
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaGriller View Post

Everything taste like smoke. I guess I only put two chunks of wood on my smoker I usually lite two spots with my loot lighter once it's get going I place a chunk of wood there


I can't help you with too much smoke with that kind of smoker. Somebody else will be along.

 

I only know the easy stuff, like getting perfect smoke from an AMNPS or AMNS when used inside an MES Watt Burner.

 

Sorry,

Bear

post #6 of 10
try a cook without any smoke wood one time and see what ya get ...
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks bear and J Daniels
post #8 of 10

 You are doing fine so, let's not get discouraged.  While everything is fresh in your mind, make notes of everything you were doing.  Note wood being used and amounts, the color and density of the smoke, the time it was applied and results.  It definitely sounds that you are applying to much smoke.  Keep in mind the more dense and the whiter the smoke, the less forgiving it is.  Smoke does not need to be applied during the entire cook unless you are using a generator that doesn't produce much smoke at which point you may not apply enough.​  This is where you will be learning you particular smoker and its tendencies.  Once these are learned you will be on the road to good eating.

 

Hang in there and have fun.

 

Tom 

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

 You are doing fine so, let's not get discouraged.  While everything is fresh in your mind, make notes of everything you were doing.  Note wood being used and amounts, the color and density of the smoke, the time it was applied and results.  It definitely sounds that you are applying to much smoke.  Keep in mind the more dense and the whiter the smoke, the less forgiving it is.  Smoke does not need to be applied during the entire cook unless you are using a generator that doesn't produce much smoke at which point you may not apply enough.​  This is where you will be learning you particular smoker and its tendencies.  Once these are learned you will be on the road to good eating.

 

Hang in there and have fun.

 

Tom 

yeahthat.gif

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion