Elk Back strap Jerky:
- 2 bottles Soy Sauce
- 1 TBL Onion Powder
- 1 TBL Granulated Garlic
- 2 TBL Red Pepper Flakes
- Cut meat in jerky size pieces
- Brine in Soy Sauce mixture overnight in cool fridge or outside– stir every 2 hrs
- Next day, paper-towel off excess liquid
- Place on non-stick sprayed smoker racks - 200F
- Pull pieces as they dry in the smoker
- Vacuum pack
Enjoy Elk Jerky – this recipe is really good and I have made it for years.
I have been so busy this year with work I haven’t even gone hunting. I haven’t posted much on SMF either (did some cheese and that’s about it) – the elk I have was from a trip 2 years ago (looked great in the vacuum packs)
Time to get the smoker going and relax a little during the holidays.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!
More pics to come.
Using the excellent outdoor refrigerator - I love days like this for preparing meat.