What if you were was to have xmas dinner on Sunday and had a turkey to smoke for a noon meal call and the weather called for a temp of 33 degrees and a 50% chance of rain?
The day before,(Saturday),the forecast was in the low 40's and no rain in the forecast for that day.
Would you, start the smoke around 6 or 7 PM on Saturday?
Do the turkey on Saturday, rest it, carve it and put in the fridge, then to the roaster in the AM on Sunday?
Or Start early on Sunday morning and attempt a smoke like normal and hope for the 50% chance of no rain?
I am not concerned with the temp as much as I am the chance of rain. I have a welding blanket to put over the smoke chamber, Its the 50% chance of rain that has me strategizing!
I have smoked with a 40 % chance before but it was not for a holiday dinner and managed with a little precip. but things turned out fine!
Changing the dinner to Saturday would be the best, but not possible at this point!