or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Aussie mini weber smoker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aussie mini weber smoker

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hi all completed my MWSM build with a sazon pot from Amazon, all stainless parts American style thermometer, grates and followed bdskelly build method! Only thing is that I finished today however we are in a heat wave down under! And there is a total fire ban so cannot test it out until next week! I'm talking 41deg c, about 106f, hot hot hot! The digital prob is a bbq budding I got from bunnings, will do ribs and or beef for Xmas but first gotta wait out for a cool change to hit melbourne over the next 2 days, please feel
Free to comment! Hamish
post #2 of 15

Cant wait too see some results!

 

Mike

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5051 View Post

Cant wait too see some results!


Mike
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 

Some pics of the build
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
post #7 of 15

Looks good what size pot was it?

Richie

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamo80 View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

Looks good what size pot was it?
Richie

Hi Richie

It's a 32 quart sazon labelled as a ims from Amazon, fits ok had to attach lid to base,

Maiden cook soon!
post #9 of 15

I used a Sazon pot for my own and an IMUSA for my sons

Richie

 

mine http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/184718/52-quart-sazon-pot-mini-finished

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

I used a Sazon pot for my own and an IMUSA for my sons
Richie



mine http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/184718/52-quart-sazon-pot-mini-finished
Yeah I saw your post great build! I could get over how thin the alloy is in these things! Lay it down in bed and it gets all scratched! I'm in Australia so I had dents in the pot nothing major however was dented as base!
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamo80 View Post


Yeah I saw your post great build! I could get over how thin the alloy is in these things! Lay it down in bed and it gets all scratched! I'm in Australia so I had dents in the pot nothing major however was dented as base!

With the lid being atatched to the base,you can put some heat proof silicon around it it you need.

Richie

post #12 of 15

Nice mini!  looks great.

 

Mike

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ok the heat wave finally over! First run of pork ribs and I over cooked them! Was very hot at 290, got to 225 but it was up and down.. Manager to dial it in after a fair bit of tweeking the vents (gold). After 8 hours still holding temp using heat beads!!
Edited by Hamo80 - 12/21/15 at 2:28am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamo80 View Post

Ok the heat wave finally over! First run of pork ribs and I over cooked them! Was very hot at 290, got to 225 but it was up and down.. Manager to dial it in after a fair bit of tweeking the vents (gold). After 8 hours still holding temp using heat beads!!

Great looking mini! Try lighting your furl through the side vents with a propane torch. Fill your charcoal basket add your smoke wood. Then light the torch and stick it in one of the vents. Takes about 5-8 minutes to get to temp. Remove torch. The temp will drop. You may need to fire again. Works great and will get you even temps and TBS. with the mini it's easier to go up in temps not down.
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Great looking mini! Try lighting your furl through the side vents with a propane torch. Fill your charcoal basket add your smoke wood. Then light the torch and stick it in one of the vents. Takes about 5-8 minutes to get to temp. Remove torch. The temp will drop. You may need to fire again. Works great and will get you even temps and TBS. with the mini it's easier to go up in temps not down.

Thanks dirt sailer will try that method
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mini-WSM
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Aussie mini weber smoker