or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Sausage rods for MES 40
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sausage rods for MES 40

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Does any body have a good method for making some metal angled sausage rods. What is the best metal to use?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbernard83 View Post

Does any body have a good method for making some metal angled sausage rods. What is the best metal to use?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Why would you want metal? I made a sausage rack and use wood dowels.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/174140/sausage-rack-mes40-w-step-by-step

 

Richie

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have just seen some in metal and they looked like the worked pretty good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #4 of 11
I have used re-bar and covered it with foil....
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

Why would you want metal? I made a sausage rack and use wood dowels.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/174140/sausage-rack-mes40-w-step-by-step

 

Richie

We duplicated these for a friends MB 40 and they work great.

post #6 of 11
post #7 of 11
wood dowels for me as well ...
post #8 of 11

Me also, wooden dowels.

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

I have used re-bar and covered it with foil....

Ditto. Cheap, rigid and easy clean up

 

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
I am thinking I will get bigger wood rods and do something like the posted link. I just saw the metal ones on a video and liked the way the snack sticks hung from it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #11 of 11

Here's a better look at rebar

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Sausage rods for MES 40