Need some help with doing a Christmas Ham -
I have several/multiple questions:
1. A Christmas ham is the shank portion of a picnic ham?
2. Do you buy them uncooked/unsmoked? (I've read the thread on Bear's Twice Smoked Hams)
3. If uncooked, should they be brined? If so for how long?
4. What temp to smoke them at? 225F? Higher/Lower?
5. What internal temp to cook it to?
6. What woods are recommended? (I have a stick burner)
7. Is there a rough rule of thumb to use? ie..."X" time per pound? ( I know it's a rough idea)
Is there anything else I need to know?
Hoping to make a test smoke on Thursday.....
I've cooked briskets, butts, ribs, turkeys, etc.... but never a Christmas Ham...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!