or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ham???

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Ok, let's talk cured, aged, uncooked ham. About a 15 pounder, bone in.........educate me, please.
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanN View Post

Ok, let's talk cured, aged, uncooked ham. About a 15 pounder, bone in.........educate me, please.

Well, you might want to give a hint about what you want to know... Cured ham is good! Aged ham is dryer than non... Bone in means it's really a ham...

Any help?
post #3 of 5
So its bone in, cured, aged and uncooked. I would cook it at 225-250 until it reaches 150 IT. Bast with real maple syrup.
post #4 of 5
Mmmmmmmm!

Smoking it on the Egg in your profile picture?

It sounds like a wonderful ham. I'd smoke it using your favorite wood. And let the ham shine. Without knowing the cure and spices used. Why ruin it by slathering it with mustard, spices, glazes?

Just saying, simpler may be the best.
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyBuzzard View Post

Well, you might want to give a hint about what you want to know... Cured ham is good! Aged ham is dryer than non... Bone in means it's really a ham...

Any help?

I pretty well layed it out there about what I know. Not much help, no, but thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

So its bone in, cured, aged and uncooked. I would cook it at 225-250 until it reaches 150 IT. Bast with real maple syrup.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. That's what I'm looking for. Brine or no? How long, if so? Will that temp get you slice temp? How much higher for a good pull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Mmmmmmmm!

Smoking it on the Egg in your profile picture?

It sounds like a wonderful ham. I'd smoke it using your favorite wood. And let the ham shine. Without knowing the cure and spices used. Why ruin it by slathering it with mustard, spices, glazes?

Just saying, simpler may be the best.

I like simple! Yes, I'll be doing it in the egg. I'm in love with that thing! Good point, I don't know about spices yet either, I just love the taste of a good ham.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork