or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Smoked Cheese, Salt, Peanuts and Wings!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked Cheese, Salt, Peanuts and Wings!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Grabbed some cheese and peanuts to smoke for Christmas gifts earlier in the week and decided today was a better time as any to get this done. Did the peanuts Scarbelly style.

 

I also decided to give smoked salt a try since I've run into a few threads about it. I just did regular iodized table salt. I think it turned out pretty good!

 

Oh, did I mention smoked chicken wings for dinner?? Brined them in buttermilk as per Jeff's method, I used Eric's hawg heaven rub on these instead of Jeff's Rub, I found the last ones I did to be too salty.

 

 

The cheeses

 

 

Cheese and salt were smoked with maple for 2.5 hours in the Big Chief. After the 2.5 hours the cheese was removed and the salt was transferred over to the WSM to continue smoking with the peanuts.

 

Cheese done

 

And vac packed to rest for a few weeks when they'll be wrapped individually

 

Chicken wings out of buttermilk brine and ready for more rub

 

Smoke salt came out nice

 

 

Scarbelly's smoked peanuts!

 

Wings into the WSM

 

Something to munch on and enjoy while WSM comes back up to temp

 

Stay tuned for wings!

 

th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

post #2 of 13
Awesome ! icon14.gif
post #3 of 13
Somebody has been a busy beaver lately!110.gif I could go for some wings!
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 

Wings are done and eaten. Good layering of flavors on these and nice bite-through skin. I sauced these with a mix of Jeff's Sauce and honey garlic sauce.

 

th_anim_burp.gif

 

 

Fresh outta the smoke, ready to be sauced

 

After sauce and a quick trip under the broiler

 

Didn't make anything for a side, so we plated up with some pickled carrots

post #5 of 13
Looks tasty!
post #6 of 13
I don't think I would need a side! Great looking wings!
post #7 of 13

:drool :drool

 

 

Now I'm ready for a ballgame and springtime...

 

Then I saw your location in Alberta...

 

 

Nevermind... 

post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

:drool :drool

 

 

Now I'm ready for a ballgame and springtime...

 

Then I saw your location in Alberta...

 

 

Nevermind... 

 

Hockey season and wintertime is here!! shovel.gif

post #9 of 13

It freezes here occasionally... :cool:

 

 

Maybe 5-10 times a year. :tongue: And the San jose Sharks play about 22-24 miles(45 minute drive) from my home.

 

That's as close to winter as I need to enjoy it. :yahoo: 

post #10 of 13

WOW!!! You've had some time on your hands!!! Can't see anything I wouldn't stop by your place for a taste of, either. I've been meaning to try the Scarbelly peanuts for a long time and never have gotten that far. I really want to do almonds, too, from raw...had some I picked up for that purpose and they ended up getting used for something else. Gotta get some of each at the store and take that ride, soon!!!

 

Thanks for sharing your smoke and fun, brother!!!

 

 

Eric

post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 

   Quote:

Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

It freezes here occasionally... :cool:

 

 

Maybe 5-10 times a year. :tongue: And the San jose Sharks play about 22-24 miles(45 minute drive) from my home.

 

That's as close to winter as I need to enjoy it. :yahoo: 

 

 

Didn't they have some outdoor games down there last year?? That was a bit odd to watch :rotflmao:

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forluvofsmoke View Post
 

WOW!!! You've had some time on your hands!!! Can't see anything I wouldn't stop by your place for a taste of, either. I've been meaning to try the Scarbelly peanuts for a long time and never have gotten that far. I really want to do almonds, too, from raw...had some I picked up for that purpose and they ended up getting used for something else. Gotta get some of each at the store and take that ride, soon!!!

 

Thanks for sharing your smoke and fun, brother!!!

 

 

Eric

 

 

Thanks brother!

 

Scarbelly peanuts are probably the easiest thing I've smoked and one of my favorite snacks!

post #13 of 13

It all looks outstanding!! Great Project

 

Tm

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Smoked Cheese, Salt, Peanuts and Wings!