or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Dutch Oven Cooking › Discada › The beginings of my Disco Burner!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The beginings of my Disco Burner! - Page 2

post #21 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

Where did you get the disc? Love the handles.

01d0d4b4b0a80dd084cd1a5782991ca3.jpg

A friend over in the Willamette valley picked up for me. There's a metal place he knows there that has hundreds of them. He filled the hole where it attached to the harrow. He also welded on the horseshoe handles for me.
post #22 of 39

:Looks-Great:Man where do you get all these ideals I still want to make the crab for a friend of mine who has a seafood business and does commercial crabbing. You told me vise grips were cheap at Harbor Freight where are all those horse shoes coming from. Of course I have some Amish friends who could fix me up with them. What a wok real cool. 

post #23 of 39
That is lookin awesome Case ! icon14.gif
post #24 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfSmoked View Post

Looks-Great.gif Man where do you get all these ideals I still want to make the crab for a friend of mine who has a seafood business and does commercial crabbing. You told me vise grips were cheap at Harbor Freight where are all those horse shoes coming from. Of course I have some Amish friends who could fix me up with them. What a wok real cool. 

I buy them at one of our local feed stores. The shoes are just under $3 a piece. Legs are 1/4" steel rod, eyes are 3/4" nuts.



Once rusted I coat in Penetrol to stop the rusting. Then several coats of spray Varathane for UV protection.
post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

That is lookin awesome Case ! icon14.gif

Thanks Justin!
post #26 of 39
Thread Starter 
Houston we have lift off!

I had to close the air down to see the flames. Burns so clean they are invisible!

e16a8fb7990364a7c1a5609ea57a7155.jpg

072a7dac64a039fe2bde0dd7a61cc12b.jpg

86d169a851fbb152865b0883339623e6.jpg

12d9db9289d9e9244ae81ff6ef0b4a7e.jpg

1a03ed6c23c027c027e0b12468270aa4.jpg

It's going to need holes at the top or I'm going to need to weld some tabs to lift the disk off the rim. It snuffs the flame out with the disk on it.


Smoke away!!!
post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Added stand offs for air at top.

fc2548ca60772d3817e339c57dbe1de4.jpg

30ff336b0be23e05bb729ea653dd65ff.jpg

71dc2a303690e98f4fc6b340f5f9c68d.jpg

That'll work!


Smoke away!!!
post #28 of 39

Dirt.......  That's perfect.....   great job......    Now for a crab omelette....  or something else worthy of such a fine cooking utensil....

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Dirt.......  That's perfect.....   great job......    Now for a crab omelette....  or something else worthy of such a fine cooking utensil....

Thanks Dave! I went looking for some crab yesterday. None of our stores have Dungeness right now. Crazy.
post #30 of 39

Nice Job Dirt, Can't wait to see it'd maiden voyage  

 

Gary

post #31 of 39
.
Edited by Smokin Phil - 7/22/16 at 7:56pm
post #32 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Phil View Post

You're giving me ideas. My wife is staring at me again, in "that way". Lol...

Yeah my wife rolled her eyes and just walked away when she saw what I was doing with the welder!
post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

Nice Job Dirt, Can't wait to see it'd maiden voyage  

Gary

Thanks Gary. Trying to decide, stir fry or fajitas!
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post


Thanks Gary. Trying to decide, stir fry or fajitas!

 

 

Boy Fajita's sound good,  We are doing Chicken Enchiladas 

 

 

Gary

post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 

Tonight is going to be the first cook on the Disco! Keep your eyes peeled for the thread!

post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

Tonight is going to be the first cook on the Disco! Keep your eyes peeled for the thread!

 

 

Thumbs Up

post #37 of 39

Thumbs Up

post #38 of 39

Be Watching!!!

 

:popcorn  cheers.gif110.gif

 

Bear

post #39 of 39
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Discada
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Dutch Oven Cooking › Discada › The beginings of my Disco Burner!