A few years ago I found this recipe for smoked burgers, and since joining this site I discovered the "Fattie" so I figured I'd make the Hamburger fattie stuffed with blue cheese. It was awesome, I put it on a bun with all the fixins of a burger. Sorry no pics on a bun,,,, I was to eager to chow down.
- 2 pounds ground beef (80%-20%, or 85%-15%*)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 whole, large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Each time I use my new vertical smoker I learn something new about it. I finally have it dialed in, I've made ZERO mods to it.