Well, after a longer than expected wait to get my sheet metal cut and bent, things happened fast. My friend brought the metal to camp. I don't have a garage so I just finished the build at camp.
I started with the tub trying to figure the best way to plug holes and where to put the shelf brackets.
I found the perfect shelf brackets for me.
I decided to use stainless to cover the access hole and to make it easier to install the exhaust.
I put the new door liner on. The test fit the door and tried the original latch which works great.
Dry fit the tub so I could get the measurements for the intake and exhaust.
Then everything came apart for paint and insulation.
The factory badge is in great shape for a 1939 refrigerator.
The door was the worst, but glazing putty took care of the pitting.
I suffer from CRS Syndrome so this helps
It looked like this the Friday of Labor day weekend.
The next day it's starting to look like a smoker.
YES!!!! IT LIVES!!! Ran it through a couple seasoning cycles. I'm using my Auber 1800 watt plug n play controller Still have to put in acess for my probes through the back. For now down the stack works
I discovered gas grill grates fit perfectly! I only had a couple for the first smoke, so I used Dowels to hold my mesh trays.
24 hours after the initial seasoning it was time for the ultimate test. We had a Snackfest at camp planned for Saturday so a week before I stuck my neck out promising ABT's and Moink Balls. Didn't even start the smoker rebuild. However there was nothing to worry about. It was a huge success.
The Following weekend I did chicken thighs and bacon wrapped venison backstrap.
The next week I had my wife help with ABT's. I also Spatckcocked an 11 pound turkey and a 6 pound breast for the gang at camp.
Last Saturday it was Ribs and Cheesy twice baked potatoes
I think I'm in love. This is going to be very handy. My other build works great, but is three times the size. This is prefect for small cooks.