Just kind of curious and wanted to see other people's techniques for packing up efficiently for BBQ Events. I feel like i've drastically improved the way i pack up but i feel like there is still room for improvement and I always have a mishmash of stuff everywhere after i pack up after a long weekend of cooking.
My current packing plan goes a little something like this
- Trailer holds our tables, chairs, wood, "frontage", and canopy poles
- Small "cook box" tupperware that hold Thermos, Knifes, Gloves, Towels
- Deep tupperware holds cleaning supplies like 409, hand sanitizer, gloves, paper towels
- Larger deep tupperwear holds cutting boards, larger vending supplies like 100oz cans of beans, large containers with my sauce, etcc
- Two 120 Quart Colman 5-day coolers. One holds Meat (I try to keep poultry in a sealed container to prevent leaking and contamination). The other generally holds Drinks (beer and water) and veggies and other non-meat stuff that needs to keep cold
- Cambro in my back seat filled with metal trays for later use and sometimes i'll put my large seasoning containers in here as well
- Cups for vending....these are generally a PITA because they cant easily be compactly stored so they usually end up in any knook and crany on top of everything
That's most of it...now that i write it all out it seems like maybe i am packing efficiently haha. But curious what others do. AND how do you try to stay organized as you wind down and have dirty dishes (assuming you dont have access to a sink or cleaning station) and fight the urge to just throw it all in a box and clean it when you get home because your exhausted?