or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Sauces, Rubs & Marinades › jeffs sauce and rub questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

jeffs sauce and rub questions

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Just got Jeffs sauce and rub recipe and have a question about making the sauce. He's not very detailed about cooking the sauce, what heat settings should i go with and how long? Also, I've got the naked rub and texas rub, which rub for is better suited for which meat.  I know its personal preference bet tell me what ya'll prefer each rub on.Thanks, Chris... 

post #2 of 17
For the sauce I just let it simmer for about 20 minutes.

For the original rub it is good on everything but it really shines on pork.

I don't have the Texas rub (bought the original recipe before it was available and have not tried to get it yet) but in Texas BBQ=beef so I have to assume that is its best use.
post #3 of 17
Try to substitute mustard for ketchup. It's great!!
post #4 of 17
I use the rib rub and sauce on all pork. As a braise for CSR's I use 2 parts of sauce with 1 part of honey and 1 part of apple juice. When I make the sauce, I put everything together and whisk it. Then I turn the heat on ML until it starts to bubble. Then I turn it down to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiojason View Post

For the sauce I just let it simmer for about 20 minutes.

For the original rub it is good on everything but it really shines on pork.

I don't have the Texas rub (bought the original recipe before it was available and have not tried to get it yet) but in Texas BBQ=beef so I have to assume that is its best use.


I too purchased the original recipe (Original Rub, Sauce, Smoking Basics eCourse) prior to the Texas Rub being released.  Is this something that I would need to purchase again to get the Texas Rub?  If I follow the link in my confirmation email, the Texas Rub is not available.  As the Original Rub & Sauce are great, I'd sure like to try the Texas Rub also.  I tried to Contact Jeff via the website, but haven't heard anything.

 

JD

post #6 of 17

I have all 3 recipes, but have only made the sauce.  Very good!  Can't wait to try the rubs.

post #7 of 17
So you can only buy his recipe or does he also sell the rub and/or sauce already made?
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesFroggin View Post

So you can only buy his recipe or does he also sell the rub and/or sauce already made?

He sells the recipe The money helps keep this site up and running.I have the recipes I did not make the sauce yet,the rub I use on everything.

Richie

post #9 of 17


If you e-mail Jeff, he will send you the Texas rub recipe.

post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

He sells the recipe The money helps keep this site up and running.I have the recipes I did not make the sauce yet,the rub I use on everything.
Richie
Gotcha. Thanks!
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by food junkie View Post
 


If you e-mail Jeff, he will send you the Texas rub recipe.

I've attempted to contact Jeff via email twice, and Private Message once.  Haven't gotten a response.  Anyone know how to contact him?  As mentioned, I purchased to BBQ Sauce and Original Rub recipes a long time ago, but sure would like to try the Texas Rub.

 

JD

post #12 of 17
Ill send him a text alerting him to the fact that your trying to get in touch with him.
post #13 of 17

bmudd,

Thanks for helping out.  Jeff sent me an email last night.  Can't wait to try this rub.

 

JD

post #14 of 17
I just bought Jeff's rub recipe and my question is does the recipe get sent to me by email or regular mail?
post #15 of 17

A link was sent via email for me.

 

BTW, both rubs and the sauce are great.

post #16 of 17
Thanks. Shortly after i asked the question, the email came in with the recipe.
post #17 of 17
Ya know smoking is about eliminating the variables . With Jeff's rub and sauce that's two items less you have to worry about !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Sauces, Rubs & Marinades › jeffs sauce and rub questions