SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Wood Smokers › Lang 36 patio/YoderCheyenne
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lang 36 patio/YoderCheyenne - Page 2

post #21 of 38
Thread Starter 

Hi All After doing way  too much research and reading what others had to say about there smokers, I finally made a decision to go with a Shirley 24 x 36 RF smoker. 

Thanks Dan

post #22 of 38
Hey Dan, post some pics if you get a chance. I've never seen a Shirley rf before.
post #23 of 38
Awesome. I can't wait to see it when you get it and burn that sucker.
post #24 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesYS View Post

Hey Dan, post some pics if you get a chance. I've never seen a Shirley rf before.

You can see thier smokers on Face Book, or thier website.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post

Awesome. I can't wait to see it when you get it and burn that sucker.

Won't be here till the after the 3rd week in Feb 2016. That is when my shipper will be there for pick up.

Dan

post #25 of 38
Thread Starter 

My Shirley smoker 24 x 36 Patio Model:yahoo:

 

post #26 of 38
I have to say that Shirley is a sweet-looking smoker
post #27 of 38
Thread Starter 

Hi All I think I got "more bang for my buck", going with the Shirley. Got more cooking area, cooking chamber is 3/8 thick except for the cabinet doors. Just love the cab doors so easy!!!

Thanks All Dan

post #28 of 38

Nice looking smoker! I have cabinet doors on mine and love them! You can open them without losing all your smoke and heat. Unlike the big counterweight balanced top opening doors. When you open them they create a suction where all the heat and smoke follows the mass of the door opening. If I open my cabinet doors slowly enough I don't even disrupt the smoke flow, I can see how it travels through the smoker.

post #29 of 38

Dan,

 

I just ordered a Yoder Cheyenne.  Got tired of weighing the pros and cons of a couple of different manufacturers.  The fit and finish of the Cheyenne looks great compared to some others.  Also, it's plenty big for the family.  Usually the most I put on the smoker is a brisket flat or 3 slabs of ribs.  The Cheyenne will do a lot more than that.

 

Contrary to what was stated by someone earlier a food grill for the firebox is not an option, it's standard.

 

They now are offered with a second food shelf for the smoking box.  I opted for that.

 

I also got the heat management plate, the probe port, and the pot warmer.

 

I can add a charcoal grill for the smoking box later if I want but I have a Weber kettle for grilling so I don't see the need.  Plus, I haven't grilled for a couple of years.  I only smoke meats.

 

Being in Iowa the shipping for me is $159.  That sounds like a steal compared to what some other folks are paying but they're also ordering much bigger smokers than the Cheyenne.

 

Good luck with your Shirley!

 

Dan

post #30 of 38

DanBono, Daniel S,

 

 If you don't mind, how much was the Shirley? I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. I know the Lang 36 and Yoder Cheyenne are not really in the same size/price category, those are the two I am considering now. I thing I'd be happy with either, Daniel, how are you feeling about your choice of the Cheyenne?

THX

post #31 of 38

I ended up cancelling my order for the Cheyenne.  Youtube videos made it look a bit too small.  I've recently ordered the loaded Wichita which looks considerably too large but there is not a Yoder smoker in between those two sizes.

 

Should be here after several weeks.

post #32 of 38

...Yeah, I wish there was a model in between those two. Yoders just seem like a very good/safe choice, never read a bad thing. Good luck with it!

 

MK

post #33 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekevs View Post
 

DanBono, Daniel S,

 

 If you don't mind, how much was the Shirley? I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. I know the Lang 36 and Yoder Cheyenne are not really in the same size/price category, those are the two I am considering now. I thing I'd be happy with either, Daniel, how are you feeling about your choice of the Cheyenne?

THX

Hi When I got my Shirley last year around this time it was the same price as the Lang 36 Patio.I never had a problem with them E-mailing me? Plus I wanted the cabinet doors,which was extra add on

Dan


Edited by DanBono - 3/28/17 at 10:32am
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS View Post

I ended up cancelling my order for the Cheyenne.  Youtube videos made it look a bit too small.  I've recently ordered the loaded Wichita which looks considerably too large but there is not a Yoder smoker in between those two sizes.



 



Should be here after several weeks.


 



Got my Yoder Loaded Wichita yesterday. It's not too big like I thought it might be. It even got the nod from my better half as being the right choice for size. It's plenty for what I need plus a little bit more. I think I would have been disappointed with the size of the Cheyenne but not the quality. Looks like Yoder makes fine products. I'll have to use mine a few times before I have a final opinion but it's looking great so far.
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS View Post


Got my Yoder Loaded Wichita yesterday. It's not too big like I thought it might be. It even got the nod from my better half as being the right choice for size. It's plenty for what I need plus a little bit more. I think I would have been disappointed with the size of the Cheyenne but not the quality. Looks like Yoder makes fine products. I'll have to use mine a few times before I have a final opinion but it's looking great so far.
Awesome. I've been looking at the Cheyenne. I only cook for a family of 4, sometimes but rarely 7.
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLong88 View Post



Awesome. I've been looking at the Cheyenne. I only cook for a family of 4, sometimes but rarely 7.

 



I usually cook for 4 also but we have family gatherings of 10 people at times and that number can go up in a few more years. Great-grandkids could come along in not too many more years! Man, I'm getting old. :)
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLong88 View Post



Awesome. I've been looking at the Cheyenne. I only cook for a family of 4, sometimes but rarely 7.

 



I usually cook for 4 also but we have family gatherings of 10 people at times and that number can go up in a few more years. Great-grandkids could come along in not too many more years! Man, I'm getting old. :)



I have a family of three and have a lang 36. I usually Cook 2-3 meals on her at a time and the vac sealer is a must for leftovers. Also consider giving bbq away from time to time. I cook extra and my family friends and neighbors eat good too.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS View Post

Quote:


I usually cook for 4 also but we have family gatherings of 10 people at times and that number can go up in a few more years. Great-grandkids could come along in not too many more years! Man, I'm getting old. :)
that's a good thought. I think right now not having much income the Cheyenne will be my choice. I will like you're saying need to upgrade later on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Wood Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Wood Smokers › Lang 36 patio/YoderCheyenne