Brand new to smoking meat, just bought a vertical propane smoker and tried it for the first time two nights ago on a pork leg, Turned out great but my question is about the wood chips, I went thru almost two full bags in a 6 hour period and each bag cost about $8.00 so it can get expensive, I soaked the wood for about an hour and had to keep replenishing it about every 40 minutes. So forgive these probably stupid questions but
1) should I try to keep a continuous smoke for the entire smoke period?
2) is it normal to go thru a couple bags of wood chips in each smoke
3) are wood chunks better than wood chips?
4) is my fire too hot, I had trouble controlling the temp, sometimes got up to 350 degrees
5) how long should I soak the wood
6) is there a store in Ontario, Canada that has a better, longer burning wood product or do you recommend anything else that I should try.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, just joined the forum and hoping for some help.