or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › BDSkelly ~ Beef or Chicken? Hmmmm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BDSkelly ~ Beef or Chicken? Hmmmm.

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Sometimes you just can't decide.  So Saturday afternoon I went to work! Spatchcock Chicken on the Mini Weber Smokey Mountain AND Beef ribs on the MES.


Start off with a 6 pound Hen and 2 racks of Beef Finger Ribs.

 


The ribs will take longer to smoke so we will start with them first. Smoking the beefies 2-2-1.  A light coat of mustard and a liberal covering of Bovine Dust!

 


Into the MES at 225 degrees. 

 


Once the ribs were in the smoke for 2 hours it was time to prep that Hen!

 


Spatchcocked with Keel bone removed. 

 


Coated with bird dust and a couple of pats of butter under the skin.  The Mini is running at 225.  Probe is in the breast and looking for an IT of 165. 

 


TBS on a Saturday afternoon.  Cocktail time!

 


Nice ribs!

 


This is why the Mini is my "go to" smoker for chicken.  Perfect every time. 

 


Both Beef Ribs and Chicken turned out moist and full of great flavor. 

 


Crazy good!

B


Edited by BDSkelly - 8/9/15 at 7:36am
post #2 of 15

Beef or Chicken????:icon_rolleyes:

 

You made a Great Choice, Brian!!Thumbs Up

 

And you did an Awesome Job on Both Too!!!:drool:drool---------------------:points:

 

Thanks for the Views!!

 

 

Bear

post #3 of 15

Brian that looks great.The bird doesn't look dry for taking it up to 225* IT

 

Richie

 

:points:

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Beef or Chicken????:icon_rolleyes:

 

You made a Great Choice, Brian!!Thumbs Up

 

And you did an Awesome Job on Both Too!!!:drool:drool---------------------:points:

 

Thanks for the Views!!

 

 

Bear


Thank you so very much Bear! b

post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

Brian that looks great.The bird doesn't look dry for taking it up to 225* IT

 

Richie

 

:points:


IT of 225????  NOOOOOOOO!   That was a typo. now corrected to an IT of 165.  Thanks for the catch!  LOL   AND the points!

Brian 

post #6 of 15
Great looking smoke! Great color on the bird!
post #7 of 15
Great job! points.gif
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Great looking smoke! Great color on the bird!


Thanks Case! b

post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSteve View Post

Great job! points.gif


Thanks so much for the point Steve! 

post #10 of 15

Good lookin ribs ......... Of course the chicken is, but those ribs sure look good!

 

Fine job my friend.... it must be cooler there......LOL

post #11 of 15
Tasty looking chix and ribs!
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Good lookin ribs ......... Of course the chicken is, but those ribs sure look good!

 

Fine job my friend.... it must be cooler there......LOL


It's hot as blazes... 

Thanks Kev!

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Tasty looking chix and ribs!


Thanks so very much b. b

post #14 of 15

You hit a two bagger with this one Brian.  The ribs look fantastic and the bird has really great color.

 

:points:

 

Gary

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Tasty looking chix and ribs!


Thanks so very much b. b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHibbert View Post
 

You hit a two bagger with this one Brian.  The ribs look fantastic and the bird has really great color.

 

:points:

 

Gary


Thanks so much Gary. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › BDSkelly ~ Beef or Chicken? Hmmmm.