or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Home Gardening › Fruit, Nuts & Berries › Cooking Pears?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooking Pears? - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Is there such a thing as an excellent marriage ????? biggrin.gif
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Is there such a thing as an excellent marriage ????? biggrin.gif

 

Sure there is, usually it lasts thru the honeymoon.

post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

I ended up trying some "Pear Honey" I had to do something after cleaning all those pears. Still never had anything that hard! I cut them up into a very very small cube and cooked forever to get them to soften. All I could taste was the sugar so I added some pineapple which I had read about and it did make a pleasant and unique taste similar to honey. Had the pears been more flavorful it would have been and excellent marriage.

 

How long were they off of the tree? I read that they need to be left at room temperature for a while to fully ripen. The pear honey sounds good, I might have to try making some of that as well.

post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateKnowHow View Post
 

 

How long were they off of the tree? I read that they need to be left at room temperature for a while to fully ripen. The pear honey sounds good, I might have to try making some of that as well.

 

These had never been in a reefer, they were picked, sat in a bucket a few days, then 1/2 were cleaned and 1/4 I made the pear honey the rest of the cleaned and ready to use I threw out. the other 1/2 of the bucket are still outside. The lizard are loving all the little insects, its like a smorgasbord of insects for them......LOL 

 

I think this you could maybe make something from these pairs, but it ain't jelly or preserves.

 

I am grumpy today anyway as far as jelly goes, I canned 14 jars of apple jelly yesterday, and they only semi- clotted! <Shakes Fist to the sky> Darn you Disco!!

post #25 of 27

Are you jamming yet Kev?

b

post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwcaP2wwEg

 

Go ahead and laugh, but I had forgotten that he opened for the Beatles!

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwcaP2wwEg

 

Go ahead and laugh, but I had forgotten that he opened for the Beatles!


Ummm  Yeah,  But this is more what I was talking about Kev...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRbZJXjWIA

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fruit, Nuts & Berries
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Home Gardening › Fruit, Nuts & Berries › Cooking Pears?