or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mavrick 732 or 733 - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Left the probe in the box for two hours at about 275 while doing some chix.

Seems to have worked like a charm! Both probes in sync now. Yay!

Incidentally, here's the chix I got going, to 155 now, so will come off shortly.

Probably just enough time for another glenlivet!

post #22 of 33
And off the apple and cherry, get together for tomorrow is done.

Whole house smells unbelievable, even with the dog!

About 2 1/4 at 250-275 and now has a crispy-ish skin as well.

Hope it survives the night...

post #23 of 33

Put it somewhere the dog won't find it. :icon_eek:

post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

Put it somewhere the dog won't find it. :icon_eek:

 

 

Thumbs Up

I think the dog is worried about me...

 

Tried a taste off the runt of the batch- Lawd, Have Mercy!

 

It's chicken. It's freaking chicken legs/quarters.

 

It is off the hook, good. Damn, I love this stuff!

post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 


I just got a second ET-732, so now I have an ET-73 in my Meat curing fridge, and a black ET-732 & a white ET-732 for my MES.

This way I don't have to learn any fancy setting things that the 733 has, and it's easy to keep my notes organized with the two different colors.

Plus I know everything is interchangeable between  the two 732s.

 

 

Bear

Hi Did the same thing, went with the 732 black cause I know it well. Now I can monitor 2 meat and 2 pit temps.

DanB

post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyardboss View Post

The ends haven't been wetted, though maybe abused and overused for months on end...

I'll see if drying it out works, if not I'll give it a deconstruction and rebuild, see how that works.

Smoker temp Is more important to me anyway right now, they're just 99 cent yardbird legs, so not gonna lose any sleep over it.

They'll be done when I SAY they're done!

Thanks again.


I've had my ET-733 for a couple of years. On one of the probes at the crimp point where the wire connects to the probe, the protective cover has loosened. It still works fine but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. Sometime soon I'll order 6' replacement probes from Todd just for backup.

post #27 of 33
I have an ET73 that I bought for the kitchen oven years before I started smoking. I then bought a 732 for monitoring and alarm features for my smoking. One day I went to smoke some pork butts and couldn't find my 732; so I ordered a 733 and got it the next day. Had I known what I was getting into, I would NOT have bought the 733. I find it damned near impossible to set without calling the support desk. No device with such basic functionality should be so difficult for a user, IMO.

I'm probably very well set for the amount of smoking I do, but that iGrill2 with 4 probes and BlueTooth to the iPhone sure looks tempting.

I have a Thermoworks ThermoPop and their Grill master ChefAlarm but not the fast probe,

Hello. My name is rabbit and I have a thermometer problem. yahoo.gif
Edited by rabbithutch - 8/18/15 at 12:00pm
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by daRicksta View Post
 


I've had my ET-733 for a couple of years. On one of the probes at the crimp point where the wire connects to the probe, the protective cover has loosened. It still works fine but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. Sometime soon I'll order 6' replacement probes from Todd just for backup.

 

I just did this last week. 

post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbithutch View Post

I have an ET73 that I bought for the kitchen oven years before I started smoking. I then bought a 732 for monitoring and alarm features for my smoking. One day I went to smoke some pork butts and couldn't find my 732; so I ordered a 733 and got it the next day. Had I known what I was getting into, I would NOT have bought the 733. I find it damned near impossible to set without calling the support desk. No device with such basic functionality should be so difficult for a user, IMO.

I'm probably very well set for the amount of smoking I do, but that iGrill2 with 4 probes and BlueTooth to the iPhone sure looks tempting.

I have a Thermoworks ThermoPop and their Grill master but not the fast probe,

Hello. My name is rabbit and I have a thermometer problem. yahoo.gif


Rabbithutch, thermometer addiction is one of the American diseases that dare not speak its name. But besides that, my wife has a ThermoPop and it's an instant read--very fast. It's as fast as my CDN thermocouple therm. I also own the ET-733 and have been frustrated with the difficulty in changing settings. However, I finally just memorized the instructions and now it's much easier. The most important thing is to plan first which settings you want to change. You then push the SET button before anything else. After that it's just a matter of remembering which buttons to push when and make sure you push them before the receiver locks you out. Then you start over again. The past two times I've used my Maverick I didn't need to refer to the owners manual at all. But that's after about a year and a half of using it.

 

But from reading posts on SMF there are guys who prefer the 732 and those of us who prefer the 733. From what I've read the 735 also has its problems.

post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

 

I just did this last week. 


Did you receive the probes yet?

post #31 of 33

I ordered them last Monday, Todd shipped them the same day and I received them last Thursday.

 

I ordered them from A-MAZE_N

post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfprankster View Post
 

I ordered them last Monday, Todd shipped them the same day and I received them last Thursday.

 

I ordered them from A-MAZE_N


I figured they'd be shipped and arrive that quickly. Todd aptly named his company, didn't he?

post #33 of 33

I ordered them as spares. I'm still using the originals, but I do appreciate the fast shipping and low price. 241.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Meat Thermometers